DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· AllStar
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever run into a LNB5 that had no signal from one of the 4 outputs? After a couple hours troubleshooting the last thing that I expected to be the problem ended up being the problem... the LNB5. I didn't check directly on the output from the LNB, but at least the preinstalled cable that hangs down the arm out the bottom of the dish has no signal coming in at all on one of the 4 ports. Kinda pissed that the installer didn't check signal on all four cables just because we were only using two at the time.

Is this pretty unusual ?

· AllStar
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mertzen said:
It can happen. It's a piece of electronics after all. Maybe the jumper is not attached correctly though.
Yea, I actually pulled out the LNB and checked to see if one of the 4 cables was loose but they all looked ok... I didnt disconnect them to check the center conductors tho cause at that point I figured its time to have directv come back out since the install is less than 90 days.

· Icon
680 Posts
beestea said:
Yea, I actually pulled out the LNB and checked to see if one of the 4 cables was loose but they all looked ok... I didnt disconnect them to check the center conductors tho cause at that point I figured its time to have directv come back out since the install is less than 90 days.
If you can easily get the LNB off, swap two of the lines, will rule out the LNB real quick.

· Lifetime Achiever
21,244 Posts
A bad connector on the coax is the most likely but bad ports on LNBs do happen too. :)

That said, under warranty? let them fix it. (Unless they schedule you out 2 months.)

Cheers,
Tom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.