DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple changes in the Seattle market. KVOS switched their main channel from METV to H&I and Dish got that right. The channel info is correct. But KFFV 45 switched from Azteca (Spanish) to METV and Dish shows a different lineup for the channel Movies!. I wonder if they will get the correct guide? Anyone else experience this?

· Hall Of Fame
3,189 Posts
If you have an OTA tuner on your DVR (such as my 622) after doing a rescan to a "repacked" channel causes the wrong guide data for the station that got "piggy-backed". Case in point: In Cleveland WOIO and WUAB are now sharing WOIO's RF 10 carrier. What used to be just 19.1 & 19.2 is now 19.1, 19.2, 43.1, & 43.2. WUAB, ch 43's guide data is a mirror of WOIO's 2 feeds (CBS & MeTV). WUAB should be MyNet and Bounce. The satellite guide is correct, the OTA tuner guide is wrong. Who do we report this to?

· Super Moderator
54,208 Posts
The station needs to work with DISH to get the data to match up. I have not had any success in getting DISH to correct mismatches directly. The station would have better contacts on the technical site of the business (DISH got the RF change right or they would not be retransmitting the signal via satellite). The station would also have a business relationship with DISH.

· Hall Of Fame
5,376 Posts
I'm not sure who to report that to, but the underlying problem is that shared stations no longer have their own TSID and now have the same TSID of the host channel. So Dish needs to update their OTA guide data to use the TSID of the host station. The challenge though is that the FCC's database doesn't reflect this in their TSID listings, and going by the FCC's site alone to figure out which stations already migrated isn't going to help since they already changed the RF numbers and shared status for stations that will be sharing as soon as they filed who they entered into a sharing deal with. So Dish would have to do this on a station by station basis instead of relying on the data from the FCC
i.e. locally WVIA started sharing with WNEP back in December, the FCC's data reflects the channel 50 for WVIA, but it still shows the seperate TSIDs:
WNEP, RF 50 TSID 2519
WVIA, RF 50 TSID 2525 -- actually putting out WNEP's TSID 2519
Compare that to WWSI and the FCC already changed their data to show RF 34, even though they won't start sharing with WCAU until March since NBCU has a policy where there's no engineering work on any of their O&O's in the lead up to and during the Olympics to minimize the chances of the stations being off air or having to operate at reduced power if something goes wrong or the work gets delayed for any reason:
WCAU, RF 34, TSID 2491
WWSI, RF 34, TSID 1999 -- actually still on RF 49

As for mwdxer's issue, it's not an OTA issue. It's somewhat complicated to explain, basically MeTV's owners Weigel purchased KFFV and KVOS and moved the MeTV affiliation from KVOS (who's signal originates at the Canadian border and was only available north of Seattle) to KFFV (who's signal is based in Seattle)
Prior to a few days ago this was KFFV's setup for their first 2 subchannels:
.1 Evine Live
.2 Azteca
Now it switched to this:
.1 MeTV
.2 Movies!

What Dish (and DirecTV) carried on channel 45 in Seattle prior to a few days ago was Azteca via the .2 feed of KFFV, now they switched to carrying MeTV via KFFV's main channel, so they have to adjust their guide data for channel 45 to use the listings for the main KFFV channel instead of the listings for their .2 channel.

· Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went through this years ago with getting Dish to fix the PBS sub channel lineup. They finally did. I am sure Dish as well as the station will be getting calls. Add to that an OTA translator changed one station and both of their channels have no guides at the moment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.