Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Legend
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
DTV just enabled local HD channels in Greensboro a few weeks ago and I have a few questions. The HD channels are coming over in 4:3 aspect ratio, Even the letterbox movies or shows. I end up with grey pillers on the sides and black bars at the top and bottom. If I change to 1080I crop, sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt. When it does, the picture quality is crappy. When it doesnt, the picture is clear but only occupies about 70% of the screen. Pretty disapointing. Is this normal for DTV and is OTA the same way? I currently dont have a HD OTA receiver. Thanks for everyones input. :)

·
Registered
14,718 Posts
If the network show is HD, then it should be your typical widescreen HD. Are you sure you are watching the HD channel, since they broadcast 2 feeds now? (no offense)

Also, how are other HD stations? Did you set your box up to output to a 16:9?

·
Legend
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DTV's website simply stated that they were the same channel. I had no idea that the HD channels would show up in the guide twice. The DTV rep said it would have a dash beside it or something. Anyway, when I get home, i will do the setup again and get this working. Thanks a bunch for the help.

Marty

·
Registered
14,718 Posts
Here's how a few of mine are listed on the guide, the parenthases are my indication of the channel:

4 KDFW (Fox HD)
4 DL 4 (Fox SD)
5 KXAS (NBC HD)
5 DL 5 (NBC SD)
8 WFAA (ABC HD)
8 DL 8 (ABC SD)

·
Legend
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sigma1914 said:
Here's how a few of mine are listed on the guide, the parenthases are my indication of the channel:

4 KDFW (Fox HD)
4 DL 4 (Fox SD)
5 KXAS (NBC HD)
5 DL 5 (NBC SD)
8 WFAA (ABC HD)
8 DL 8 (ABC SD)
Thats the way mine show up now. I had forgotten that I am using a Custom fav list and they did not show up. Now they do and are working great. Thanks a bunch for the help.

Marty

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.