DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 54 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in the dc area, the locals are now on their actual lower channels 4,5,7,9,20,etc vs 8075,...

how do they do that?

·
Icon/Supporter
592 Posts
They can map the same A/V stream to as many channels as they want, without any serious impact on bandwidth. New software may have been needed to better handle entering the single- and double-digit channel numbers.

·
Native American Potentate
8,308 Posts
Open TV capable receivers have this---everywhere I believe. The resr of us are waiting.

·
31 Posts
Not everywhere. DISH is dribbling this out - allegedly deliberately.

They are using this software revision to add all the "side-satellite-ghetto" local stations to the IPGs on all LIL sets.

A lot of doofuses are going to see for the first time that they are paying for locat TV stations that they are not getting, thanks to the E* bait-and-switch program.

Those bozos, so the theory goes, are calling in to 800 333-DISH to get their free second dishes. So - the rollout of the software is being governed to prevent CSR overload.

So goes the theory. My theory: the hamster is overworked.

·
Hall Of Fame
7,473 Posts
Originally posted by RJS1111111
They can map the same A/V stream to as many channels as they want, without any serious impact on bandwidth. New software may have been needed to better handle entering the single- and double-digit channel numbers.
It works real good to enter a 1 or 2 digit channel, then press the "Select" to go right to your local channel, whether you are in the guide or watching another channel already.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
I tried hitting 3 and select but it didn't do anything.

Originally posted by scooper

It works real good to enter a 1 or 2 digit channel, then press the "Select" to go right to your local channel, whether you are in the guide or watching another channel already.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SParker, are your locals mapped to the single & double digit area of your guide? If not, it won't work.

·
New Texan
11,465 Posts
I just tried it on a 301 with the local channel map upgrade. Hitting select after entering the channel number does nothing, you have to wait after entering 3.

·
Legend
123 Posts
Doesn't work here on the DC locals here in Manassas, VA yet. Did you get a software update or something that remapped the channels? I tried cycling the receivers on and off without any success. Also, the channel guide still lists them on 8075, etc. and mirrored on the 700 channels. Hitting "3" automatically takes me to "101."

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
yeah they are in the correct OTA numbers

Originally posted by Unhappy Dish dealer
SParker, are your locals mapped to the single & double digit area of your guide? If not, it won't work.

·
8,308 Posts
I was not clear I guess. I realize an upgrade is required but I did not think it was regionally applied.

·
Cool Member
14 Posts
From what I understand they're doing the changover in small batches by receiver number so in case there's any glitches it won't effect everyone.

I installed a 501/301 last week and the 301 had the upgrade, the 501 didn't.

·
8,308 Posts
Again Charlie once said all receivers would but currently on;y Open TV receivers are scheduled to receive it.

·
Hall Of Fame/Supporter
1,068 Posts
Any place where we can find the rollout schedule?

Still not in NY DMA.....

·
Administrator
17,324 Posts
Originally posted by Geronimo
Again Charlie once said all receivers would but currently on;y Open TV receivers are scheduled to receive it.
When exactly did you hear this information? I don't see it anywhere in the Charlie Chat summaries.

As of right now, the only receivers that are to receive this upgrade are the 3900, 4900, 301, and 501. The upgrade should be rolled out by the end of July.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.