DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live near Tulsa, Oklahoma. So my local channels are all from Tulsa. Today when doing a search for channels. One the channels I get it included the Oklahoma City nbc, ABC, CBS, and fox. So I included them in my guide. When watching them they are the same as Tulsa. As the exact same programming as it was the Tulsa news. When I click on the channel info it has (Virt)
Flat panel display Font Output device Gadget Display device

·
Beware the Attack Basset
24,652 Posts
DIRECTV has mapped KFOR out of Oklahoma City to channel 4. I'm not sure why it shows up as KJRH. According to the April 13 transponder map they have mapped all of the big networks (except PBS) from OKC for some reason. The respective signals come from different satellites at the 99W location.

Tulsa, OK KJRH NBC 2 A3 HD​
NBC from KJRHDT-TV, 2, Tulsa, OK​
Tulsa, OK KFOR NBC 4 A3 HD Virtual​
NBC from KFORDT-TV, 04, Oklahoma City, OK​
Tulsa, OK KOCO ABC 5 A3 HD Virtual​
ABC from KOCODT-TV, 05, Oklahoma City, OK​
Tulsa, OK KOTV CBS 6 A3 HD​
CBS from KOTVDT-TV, 6, Tulsa, OK​
Tulsa, OK KTUL ABC 8 A3 HD​
ABC from KTULDT-TV, 8, Tulsa, OK​
Tulsa, OK KWTV CBS 9 A3 HD Virtual​
CBS from KWTVDT-TV, 09, Oklahoma City, OK​
Tulsa, OK KOED PBS 11 A3 HD​
PBS from KOEDDT-TV, 11, Tulsa, OK​
Tulsa, OK KQCW CW 19 A3 HD​
CW from KQCWDT-TV, 19, Tulsa, OK​
Tulsa, OK KOKI FOX 23 A3 HD​
FOX from KOKIDT-TV, 23, Tulsa, OK​
Tulsa, OK KOKH FOX 25 A3 HD Virtual​
FOX from KOKHDT-TV, 25, Oklahoma City, OK​
Tulsa, OK KOCB CW 34 A3 HD Virtual​
CW from KOCBDT-TV, 34, Oklahoma City, OK​
Tulsa, OK KRSU ETV 35 A3 HD​
ETV from KRSUDT-TV, 35, Tulsa, OK​
Tulsa, OK KMYT MNT 41 A3 HD​
MNT from KMYTDT-TV, 41, Tulsa, OK​
Tulsa, OK KAUT MNT 43 A3 HD Virtual​
MNT from KAUTDT-TV, 43, Oklahoma City, OK​

·
Beware the Attack Basset
24,652 Posts
So what does this mean? Will I get okc stations? Or is there a chance I get the off digital channels like metv?
You should be seeing all of the channels from the above table if you're not using a custom guide. Nothing has changed with respect to "diginets" (sometimes called "subchannels"). To get those, you'll need to use an OTA setup (not an option if you use a Genie 2).

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok. But why is the okc channels showing up with Tulsa programs. It's just the exact copy of Tulsa stations.. not the okc stations . Thanks for responding

·
AllStar
2,192 Posts
Ok. But why is the okc channels showing up with Tulsa programs. It's just the exact copy of Tulsa stations.. not the okc stations . Thanks for responding
For some unknown reason, Directv has been replacing the "significantly viewed" out of market locals with in-market feeds of the same network. That appears to be the case here. Where Oklahoma City's affiliate has been previously seen, they replaced it with Tulsa's. No reason has been given for this, plenty of markets are still getting their out of market locals. This has been seen in the uplink activity report that comes out on Wednesdays on another forum. I do not know of a list that details the markets that have had this done, but I know there are several. The channels will show the call letters of the old station, like yours, but it will actually be your market's affiliate's programming, like yours.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
24,652 Posts
Where Oklahoma City's affiliate has been previously seen, they replaced it with Tulsa's.
DIRECTV's online lineup shows only Tulsa LiL channels in the Tulsa market.

These mappings were in place at the end of January (and they weren't remaps of the Tulsa feeds then either).

Maybe they're trying to somehow help out those that were recording programming from the OKC stations. Won't they be disappointed?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Idk, just odd that it's shows okc stations call letters. But info says Tulsa and it's the same Tulsa stations. I was just hoping they would add me tv etc. I have an Ota tv antenna.

·
Legend
628 Posts
Idk, just odd that it's shows okc stations call letters. But info says Tulsa and it's the same Tulsa stations. I was just hoping they would add me tv etc. I have an Ota tv antenna.
It is also odd that it does not show the channel numbers as x.x, 1.2, 1.2, and etc which OTA get display. . I think you you are seeing the satellite channels numbers?

·
Beware the Attack Basset
24,652 Posts
But have Tulsa programs. As in news etc
I can't explain that as the mapping information I have (posted above) shows that they should be the OKC stations.

This doesn't appear to be anything new (it has been going on for at least a few months) so I advise against getting your hopes up about DIRECTV changing their position on diginets.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts