DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Mentor
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just upgraded my DISH system to a 622 and 1000+ setup. Currently in the Raleigh, NC area there are two local HD channels being broadcast via DISH (on 118). However, the receiption of the ABC affiliate is really bad through DISH (much better through the OTA). I currently have strong 118 signal (80+) on the transponder related to this feed. Is anyone else having issues like this with 'locals' being piped through DISH?

·
6 Posts
ccapps3428 said:
I have just upgraded my DISH system to a 622 and 1000+ setup. Currently in the Raleigh, NC area there are two local HD channels being broadcast via DISH (on 118). However, the receiption of the ABC affiliate is really bad through DISH (much better through the OTA). I currently have strong 118 signal (80+) on the transponder related to this feed. Is anyone else having issues like this with 'locals' being piped through DISH?
This Thursday, I will have a 1000+ dish installed to obtain Local HD's. I report back once the install is complete.

·
Mentor
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, but that thread has discussions about the 0TA and the expections about what Sats the channels will be on when released. I wanted to discuss the quality of the feed coming from DISH - epescially for 11 (ABC).

·
Icon
687 Posts
However, the receiption of the ABC affiliate is really bad through DISH (much better through the OTA).
FYI it will always be better OTA.
If you already get the station good with OTA I wouldn't even bother with the DBS version. ;)

·
6 Posts
randy said:
This Thursday, I will have a 1000+ dish installed to obtain Local HD's. I report back once the install is complete.
Well Dish sent a contractor to install the 1000+. No luck he said the only way was to plaace on roof or cut some trees down. I dont think he tried enough. Going to call Dish and ask to send one of there own installers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.