DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Local HD Festivus tomorrow (9/24) for SC, IL, and VT

8K views 75 replies 35 participants last post by  tj177mmi 
#1 ·
Good news for those living in Vermont, Champaign-Urbana, Myrtle Beach.

There are some stations missing in some cases, those hopefully will be worked out between the stations and D* in a timely manner.

#9 ·
capegator said:
I'm happy for those folks. Maybe once Hooterville has their locals we can imagine D* adding FNCHD or AMCHD.
AMC HD right now is carried by Cablevision. D*, E*, FIOS, TWC, etc all don't have it....at least based on the latest chart I saw.

#10 ·
Satelliteracer said:
AMC HD right now is carried by Cablevision. D*, E*, FIOS, TWC, etc all don't have it....at least based on the latest chart I saw.
My local Comcast system lists AMC HD. A quick search turns up other Comcast and Charter systems that carry the channel. That it's currently on neither Dish or Fios does make me wonder if cable companies are getting some kind of preferential treatment.

In general, you can nitpick excuses for every national channel D* has yet to add that other providers carry (if only in some markets.) However, when look at the totality of the channels D* is missing, it's hard for me to believe that some of the problem isn't on DirecTV's side.

#13 ·
Burlington locals are all in HD as of 7am this morning. (Despite the online guide, it is CBS, ABC, NBC, FOX and VPT) For those with a SD tv as your 2nd tv (like me) the locals have not been removed from the 72.5 slot, so I wouldn't go ripping down the 2nd dish just yet! (Which I did last month for a number of reasons, so no locals on the bedroom TV yet!!!)

#15 ·
harsh said:
Is VPT a PBS?
Yes, Vermont Public Television. They embraced HD pretty well, they actually have 5 sub channels OTA....... not always true HD programming, but not bad most of the time!

#16 ·
illini_razorback said:
Champaign HD locals are working! No SDs, though, so my D12 in the bedroom will have to wait I guess. Any idea if that will happen this century?
I take it you do NOT have the 72.5 dish???
You also DO realize that D* will probably NOT be putting up a SD version of these locals on the MPEG4 birds, (letting the new MPEG4 SD boxes downconvert them to SD instead) & since none of the legacy SD receivers can receive the MPEG4 birds, your D12 is SOL, at least as getting locals w/out the 72.5 dish.

#17 ·
illini_razorback said:
Champaign HD locals are working! No SDs, though, so my D12 in the bedroom will have to wait I guess. Any idea if that will happen this century?
Call DirecTV-you may be able to get the D12 replaced with a H2X receiver to get your locals in the bedroom.

#18 ·
I have updated the HD LiL lists. As always, please PM me with any corrections or additions.

#21 ·
Matman said:
Burlington locals are all in HD as of 7am this morning. (Despite the online guide, it is CBS, ABC, NBC, FOX and VPT) For those with a SD tv as your 2nd tv (like me) the locals have not been removed from the 72.5 slot, so I wouldn't go ripping down the 2nd dish just yet! (Which I did last month for a number of reasons, so no locals on the bedroom TV yet!!!)
I called Directv and they can only confirm ABC,NBC, and FOX for Burlington VT. I have not been home to confirm. Is there anyone at home that can confirm which Burlington VT HD Locals.

#22 ·
dirchm0628 said:
I know. I too am disappointed yet again. I can't believe DirectTv continues to neglect this area.
My insiders tell me it's not DIRECTV... it's your affiliates that have not signed contracts. Call the sales managers at your local stations. Tell them you're not watching their programming because they're not on DIRECTV.

#24 ·
Stuart Sweet said:
My insiders tell me it's not DIRECTV... it's your affiliates that have not signed contracts. Call the sales managers at your local stations. Tell them you're not watching their programming because they're not on DIRECTV.
I've actually contacted the LIN networks in this area, Wavy-10 and Fox43, who I suspect are the problems. The problem is they say it's Direct tV and Direct Tv says it's Lin.

My anaylsis of the situation is I pay DirectTV for television service not LIN, so I expect Direct Tv to resolve any issues with LIN for the benefit of their customers.

Thanks, I just stepped of the soap box. But it felt good to vent for awhile.

#26 ·
dirchm0628 said:
I've actually contacted the LIN networks in this area, Wavy-10 and Fox43, who I suspect are the problems. The problem is they say it's Direct tV and Direct Tv says it's Lin.

My anaylsis of the situation is I pay DirectTV for television service not LIN, so I expect Direct Tv to resolve any issues with LIN for the benefit of their customers.

Thanks, I just stepped of the soap box. But it felt good to vent for awhile.
I hear you buddy... there are a lot of people who've dealt with LIN-owned stations and pulled out more hair than I have left. All I can tell you is that DIRECTV really does want to give you HD locals, they have the capacity, all it takes is an agreement with all involved. Both sides can point fingers at each other as to why the agreement hasn't happened but just going by the history, DIRECTV has been pretty proactive in pursuing new locals, and LIN has been pretty tough to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.