DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Cool Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 622 and I am located in St. Louis and the issue i am havin is pixelation on my local HD channels. I am on Sat 118 and my signal is around 96 but on my fox stations i am getting some type of pixelation every 5 minutes or so. All my locals do it but notice it more on Fox. The sat company has been out twice so far but says my signal is strong. Any other ideas?

· Legend
108 Posts
I have found that if you keep logs, with specific shows, dates and times, when you have picture/audio problems and send your observations to [email protected] they can often find a problem either with the feed from your local station or at their uplink center, etc. They have access to many links in the chain from local station to uplink to downlink.

Sometimes, I have snapped a digital photo of a really bad screen and sent it to them as an attachment, along with station, time/date. FYI: I have been on Dallas HD LIL since day one. FOX was the worst for picture breakup. Now, NBC seems to want to claim the title in Dallas.

Dishquality has thanked me for my many precise inputs. But, the key is being SPECIFIC about program, date, time, and whether you are watching live or a recorded playback, how long the problem persisted and an exact description of what you saw or heard. They used to send a short list of questions for you to answer. These guys try really hard to get a good picture to us, and I have spent a lot of time back and forth with them.

You mentioned a 96 signal strength. At http://ekb.dbstalk.com/ there are charts of all the satellites and exactly what Transponder your stations are on. It helps to know your TP number for your HD LIL, so you can add that bit of info that you are getting a good sig from the TP (spotbeam) that feeds your HD LIL. FOX HD in St. Louis appears to be on 118 at TP 24.

2 Posts
jmeitz said:
I have a 622 and I am located in St. Louis and the issue i am havin is pixelation on my local HD channels. I am on Sat 118 and my signal is around 96 but on my fox stations i am getting some type of pixelation every 5 minutes or so. All my locals do it but notice it more on Fox. The sat company has been out twice so far but says my signal is strong. Any other ideas?
I've only had Dish for a week. I'm in St. Louis also and all of the local HD's suffer from pixelization. They just came out and moved my dish due to a poor install, but it didn't solve the problem. If I run the test that creates green squares (don't know which one it is) 118 gets a red square with error messages. It actually counts the drop outs and gives you the time frame and the number of drop outs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.