DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Mentor
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two weeks ago I had the new HR20, and a new 5 LNB dish installed. The only problem I am experiencing is the pixelation at times of the local channels. Installer was out a few times, checked alignment, put new connectors on all cables. On the phone with Directv many times, Talked to many people with many different opinions on what the problem may be, they even sent me a replacement receiver. Still get pixelation at times, only on the local Philly HD channels. Anyone else have the same problem?
Thanks

· Legend
129 Posts
I get the same on all of my Locals as well.
I never had this or any problem prior to the HR20.:nono2:

· DBSTalk Club Member
270 Posts
Yep... occassionaly happens on my Seattle locals as well. But it's pretty intermittent and not bad enough to make the show unwatchable. Maybe 10 seconds out of every hour.

Paul

· Mentor
41 Posts
Same Here. Philly locals have been doing this for months. I am about to cancel my HD package because of this. Seems to happen every night. I can't set locals to record in HD because 33% of the time there will be pixelation or no picture.

· Cool Member
19 Posts
Tampa Locals are also doing this, I even had a regional manager come and check out my set up. He called me back a few days ago and is still forewarding info about customers with this issue including himself.

· Hall Of Fame
1,090 Posts
This issue is being reported by pretty much everyone and I'm sure is a known issue to DirecTV at this time.

When will it be fixed one might ask-----who knows is the only true answer; although I hops soon as it's irritating as hell.....

· Legend
155 Posts
Same problem on local CBS channel in Greensboro, NC. A local rep from the station communicates with us on AVS Forums and says he is getting little, if any, response or status updates from the D* engineers working on the problem. They told him yesterday that he problem was fixed.... its not.

· Legend
139 Posts
I wonder if this is problem with locations who receive their Local HD channels from transponder 99. Yesterday afternoon I did not have my Local Boston Hi Def channels (4, 5, 623 HD, etc) around 5PM. But at 7PM, they all returned. Most of time I would lose them at night, but they would return in a couple of hours (it would include heavy pixelation and audio drop outs)

· Mentor
33 Posts
I have the pixelation problem here with the Mpeg4 Atlanta locals. However, DTV did such a good job in November thru January of setting my expectations extraordinarily low, that I'm hardly concerned with this minor annoyance. I get up every morning and thank the HR20 gods for smiling on me and actually recording what I asked to be recorded - and then allowing me to be able to play them back. Honestly, those are my 2 favorite features. 1. Recording. 2. Playback. Not necessarily in that order. Everything else is just lipstick on the pig.

· Godfather
380 Posts
richa65 said:
I have the pixelation problem here with the Mpeg4 Atlanta locals. However, DTV did such a good job in November thru January of setting my expectations extraordinarily low, that I'm hardly concerned with this minor annoyance. I get up every morning and thank the HR20 gods for smiling on me and actually recording what I asked to be recorded - and then allowing me to be able to play them back. Honestly, those are my 2 favorite features. 1. Recording. 2. Playback. Not necessarily in that order. Everything else is just lipstick on the pig.
LMFAOPIMP!!!!! :D :D :D

· Godfather
262 Posts
Hopefully you guys dont experience what I have, and that is pixelation, and then complete loss for 10-15 minute chunks...They always come back, but you never know when and usually your recordings are F'd up...

Wife really loves D*....promote them all!!!

And they had gone away until the latest sofware downgrade on the HR20...

· Mentor
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yes cookpr, same here, seems worse since the latest upgrade.
the only thing different is that I now have native ON, since install in late Nov. until about a week ago, native was OFF

· Mentor
31 Posts
Audio dropouts and pixelation for OTA channels here too. My problems are trickplay induced and very repeatable. Guide\list functions induce the problems too. Quality is fine if I never touch the remote during recordings.

I've posted about this in the past. Just search by my username for more info.

· Legend
161 Posts
I had a very similar issue, pixelatioin and loss of local HDs (via Satellite) at specific times of the day. Also had some issues with SD channels. Techs weren't successful in solving the problem, when they were prepared, and actually made matters worse, no reception at all after the 5th vist, so I ended up switching to Comcast. I'm in the Philly area.

Picture quality of DirecTV, HD and SD, is better than Comcast but I haven't had any issues with signal (channel) loss with Comcast. No audio dropouts with Comcast either.

· Godfather
262 Posts
I actually downloaded the CE update in hopes it might help, but within 20 minutes, my MPEG4 HD's pixleted, then went to gray screen, then sat error 771.

All was and has been good since that 10 minute episode.

Very odd and frustrating and seems D* has no answer or even acknowledges this more severe problem of complete MPEG4 at various random times for 10-5 minutes...almost always at night between 8PM - 11PM.

All I get is, "What is your signal strenght or is there ice on your LNB's".....both are fine.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.