DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Legend
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't remember before "upgrading" to no OTA capability, but I've noticed that no programs on my local NBC that are in HD are in 5.1 surround. Nothing more than stereo.

Would this be the fault of my local network? All other HD channels come in 5.1 surround, so I'm curious to know if maybe I have something set up wrong.

·
Legend
203 Posts
DJConan said:
I can't remember before "upgrading" to no OTA capability, but I've noticed that no programs on my local NBC that are in HD are in 5.1 surround. Nothing more than stereo.

Would this be the fault of my local network? All other HD channels come in 5.1 surround, so I'm curious to know if maybe I have something set up wrong.
To me...if the others come 5.1 with no problems then it is probably local. We have issues with a couple of networks in the dallas area although they are much better now.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,335 Posts
You're doing better than folks in NM. Our local NBC has been unable to broadcast HD, OTA or any other flavor, for a week -- and they don't know what's wrong. The only guy in town with HD smarts is the director at the local PBS channel -- and everyone is too "proud" to ask him for help.

·
Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07
9,809 Posts
It would be a problem with your local most likely. I get 5.1 on all my locals via MPEG4...when the program in question is actually in 5.1 that is. That's another thing to consider, just because it's in HD doesn't mean it's in 5.1. For example CBS just recently in the past year or so started converting it's network drama's to 5.1. Most sitcoms are not 5.1. And CBS has been doing HD well over 5-6 years now.

Easiest way to check is to hop over to AVS and find your local HD forum and read/ask to see for sure if your local NBC ever does 5.1 during shows the network does in 5.1 (like Heroes I believe).

·
Hall Of Fame
2,014 Posts
I would call ask that station's Program Manager or Engineer if they are in fact doing a DD 5.1 audio track.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.