DBSTalk Forum banner
101 - 120 of 132 Posts

· Beware the Attack Basset
26,461 Posts
Peacock Premium Plus includes additional content and no ads.
Peacock Premium Plus offers even more content than Peacock Premium and very few ads for the Peacock Premium content but the additional LIL content is fully loaded with ads.

That sounds like a top flight example of internal contradiction.

· Super Moderator
54,190 Posts
Remind us, do you subscribe to Peacock Premium Plus or is this yet another service you are an expert at without subscribing?

· Premium Member
4,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
Peacock Premium Plus offers even more content than Peacock Premium and very few ads for the Peacock Premium content but the additional LIL content is fully loaded with ads.

That sounds like a top flight example of internal contradiction.
It is the same on Paramount+ with their linear feed . How would you propose they make the linear feed ad-free.

26,461 Posts
Remind us, do you subscribe to Peacock Premium Plus or is this yet another service you are an expert at without subscribing?
Do you?

I'm not claiming to be an expert. I'm just following along with the available documentation and anecdotal evidence (because the documentation is often pretty lacey).

26,461 Posts
It is the same on Paramount+ with their linear feed . How would you propose they make the linear feed ad-free.
I don't propose that they do. I only want to reiterate that the Peacock Premium Plus package is not entirely ad-free as its current description suggests.

The disclaimer says that "ad free" means "Due to streaming rights, a small amount of programming will still contain ads (Peacock channels, events, and a few shows and movies)." which clearly isn't the case if the LIL feeds are fully laden.

I hope to get at least to the reality if not the truth.

· Premium Member
4,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
I don't propose that they do. I only want to reiterate that the Peacock Premium Plus package is not entirely ad-free as its current description suggests.

The disclaimer says that "ad free" means "Due to streaming rights, a small amount of programming will still contain ads (Peacock channels, events, and a few shows and movies)." which clearly isn't the case if the LIL feeds are fully laden.

I hope to get at least to the reality if not the truth.
Like I said Paramount+ Premium ad-free is the same with their CBS linear feed. So since it bothers you so much you must have a solution in mind.

· Super Moderator
54,190 Posts
Yes. And I'd be glad to share the truth about the service but you would rather shout your own views rather than listen to what is actually being offered. Based on other threads I expect anything I post will just generate more "I read this somewhere" replies.

· Hall Of Fame
4,992 Posts
Do you?

I'm not claiming to be an expert. I'm just following along with the available documentation and anecdotal evidence (because the documentation is often pretty lacey).
I am a Peacock Premium Plus sub and harsh is correct.

· Registered
197 Posts
I have never expected the Live Feeds on Paramount, Peacock, ESPN+ to not have Commercials, the only one I watch Live is ESPN, everything else I watch after they air anyways, just like I used to when I had a DVR.

Another advantage for Streaming Services Commercial Free over a DVR, no more having to FF thru Commercials.

I also expect within the next 2 years that all Broadcast/Cable Live TV Channels will be on their respective Streaming Services, all Viacom on Paramount+, all Comcast/Universal on Peacock, Warner/Discovery on the new HBO, etc.

That way, it will help justify the coming Price Increases for Streaming Services ( say they are providing more content) and get another revenue source for the advertising on the services.

· Administrator
569 Posts
I've grown too accustomed to the DVR features to take a step backwards to streaming live with limited functions & playback remote buttons.

· Super Moderator
54,190 Posts
I am a Peacock Premium Plus sub and harsh is correct.
About what? You're not even right about everything you said in this thread. Opinions are opinions, not fact.

· Hall Of Fame
4,992 Posts
About what? You're not even right about everything you said in this thread. Opinions are opinions, not fact.
So its your opinion I wasn't right about something I posted? What exactly was that? You and I have a history of not agreeing on things.

Reactions: MysteryMan

· Super Moderator
54,190 Posts
You and I have a history of not agreeing on things.
Exactly. Hopefully the difference between fact and opinion is not something you disagree about. I'm not going to attack you with a dictionary (as some are prone to do) but there is a difference.

· Hall Of Fame
4,992 Posts
Exactly. Hopefully the difference between fact and opinion is not something you disagree about. I'm not going to attack you with a dictionary (as some are prone to do) but there is a difference.
I think you mean well, I just think you don’t know what you’re talking about sometimes. It’s all good though. That’s why we are all here is to help each other out.
I will say I have not been as active on here in recent years but it is nice to see you clearly still remember exactly who I am. Have a good one James.

Reactions: MysteryMan
101 - 120 of 132 Posts