DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· New Texan
11,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard this from Facebook about 1 hour ago....

From http://www.news10.net/life/programming/dish.aspx :
Attention DISH Subscribers

Starting October 8, KXTV may no longer be available on DISH. That means you could lose access to blockbuster college football and your favorite ABC entertainment programs as well as your local news, weather and sports. Tell DISH to keep your ABC station KXTV by calling 1-800-823-4929.

Information about KXTV on DISH

In order for our station, KXTV, to be delivered to your home, we negotiate agreements for the rights to carry our station with video service providers like DISH. In the vast majority of cases, these agreements are reached through normal business discussions. In fact, KXTV has agreements in place with all of the video providers in our area. Unfortunately, so far DISH has refused to reach a fair, market-based agreement with us. If a deal is not reached by midnight on October 7, DISH subscribers will lose access to KXTV.

· AllStar
72 Posts
The same thing is happening to us in Knoxville, TN except it's NBC. Both are Gannett stations so it's probably happening to all(23?) stations they own. It got my attention when I saw the message they gave you was word for word what we saw. This is bad since my wife watches that channel more than any other.

Craig T

· Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery
3,148 Posts
Mods, think we can merge these threads?

· Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery
3,148 Posts
That's what I'm saying.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.