DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Legend
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive checked the Directv website and it states the only local I can get over the air is NBC out of Zanesville Ohio at a B Grade Signal (which is crap because I live in a valley and about 30 miles from the tower). Directv offers the Columbus Oh channels in my area and have them as my locals but I live outside the HD area.

I think I would be eligible for the HD Distants (minus NBC of course) but my question is could I keep the SD locals so I could see the local news??

· Legend
140 Posts
I believe that HD and SD network stations are treated as different entities, so yes, you would be able to get the HD waivers and keep SD locals. You could not, however, get sd waivers for distants (despite poor ota reception) because D* carries your locals in SD

· Hall Of Fame
4,873 Posts
There is a page on the D* website that will show your HD DNS eligibility. If it shows you to be eligible, call and ask for the "HD DNS Eligibility Department."

I am almost 100 miles from my locals and am really enjoying HD from NY, especially since I cancelled E* back in the summer and was getting grandfathered DNS SD from both coasts at that time--which would now be impossible.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.