DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Legend
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody hear if dish will be adding the Providence/Newbedford locals? I know Directv has them. I don't want to switch back but if dish doesn't add them I will have to.

· Hall Of Fame
1,849 Posts
I'm sure Providence will be added about the same time as Hartford and Baltimore :)

In all seriousness, though, Dish appears to be adding LIL to areas where Directv doesn't have them, in order to posture for the proposed merger and show how many different LIL's could be in use if the merger were approved. Don't expect it soon.

· Legend
220 Posts
like Carl said, don't hold your breath.

Dish is putting all of thier eggs in one basket. If DTV added them, dont expect them until well after the merger falls apart.

My store, which had been a Dish dealer in addition to our other products for 4 years, has dropped them in favor if DTV. There isn't very compelling reason for Dish Network in the CT area anymore at all.

· Legend
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In all seriousness, though, Dish appears to be adding LIL to areas where Directv doesn't have them, in order to posture for the proposed merger and show how many different LIL's could be in use if the merger were approved.
Ya know your right I didn't even think of that. I can't switch back until January anyway. So I guess I'll just sit back and see what happens. My Mom's contract ends 10/5 and she is thinking about going back to directv. I'm just waiting for the series 2 dtivo's to come out. Maybe they will have some deals.

Here's a question:

If you were subcribed to directv and switched to dish and then wanted to switch back to directv. Would you be considered a new Directv sub?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.