DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
West Palm Beach locals just went out.... and have not come back for 30min now. checked all transponders good signal.

I think someone tripped over a cord again. :(

· AllStar
85 Posts
The Kansas City Locals are out as well. And according to the guy on the phone at Dish, Oklahoma was supposed to be out also. Glad I'm not a West Wing fan, but its a good thing this didn't happen during Ed, or they'd get an ear full and something WOULD be done.

· Banned
11,498 Posts
Agg! I don't know if this is related or not, but I just checked WSBK, and it was frozen, with the credits from what ever show ended at 9. *sigh* Another missed Twilight Zone :(

· Mentor
48 Posts
Originally posted by Steve Mehs
Agg! I don't know if this is related or not, but I just checked WSBK, and it was frozen, with the credits from what ever show ended at 9. *sigh* Another missed Twilight Zone :(
Same here. I just switched over to WWOR, which is still working (for me at least).

Of course, if you're getting WSBK as a local rather than part of the superstations package, I guess you wouldn't have that option. :shrug:

· Banned
11,498 Posts
SOB! I chose to reecord on WSBK over WWOR since WSBK has better PQ.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
finally got a CSR and they gave me some BS about a hurricane going through the middle of the country (not sure how it made it in this far, and is doing so without any clouds above me) and there is nothing I can do about it.

Suggested I try using off-air channels, but I pay extra to not have to use an antenna so why would I have one.

1/2 of West Wing is done... I hate being this mad and nothing they can do about it. GRRRRR

· Banned
11,498 Posts
WSBK is blank, no slate. Any of the other Bostons have that slate up?

· AllStar
51 Posts
I'm betting that Dish Network's equipment that RECEIVES the local channels from each market is the source of this problem. It doesn't seem to be isolated to a single area. The link from DISH to us is obviously good, and I can't imagine that so many local tv stations had transmitter problems all at once.

· Legend
106 Posts
The only place that all these signals come together is at the up-link in Cheyanne. I checked the weather out there. 45 degrees, cloudy and 7 mph winds. Certainly not "hurricane" weather as the CSR is leading us to believe...

· Hall Of Fame
7,510 Posts
Originally posted by zelph
finally got a CSR and they gave me some BS about a hurricane going through the middle of the country (not sure how it made it in this far, and is doing so without any clouds above me) and there is nothing I can do about it.
Yes there is - Isidore coming up the Gulf of Mexico, but I don't think that explains this

Suggested I try using off-air channels, but I pay extra to not have to use an antenna so why would I have one.
Duh ! - This is EXACTLY why I have an OTA setup running as well. On some channels, I actually get better PQ from OTA, over Dish. It's just that Dish LIL is more convienent.

· Hall Of Fame/Supporter
2,818 Posts
Only way I see hurricane stoping LIL is if the fiber network they use to ship the LIL to uplink is going through the hurricane path.
It is possible that this could be the case.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.