DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
6,099 Posts
This puts a definite glitch in my "cutting the cord" strategy of using DirecTV Stream as my primary source of content, supplemented by Locast for the locals I don't get, CW and PBS. I need to figure something out before I wind up going back to DirecTV Sat and get locked in for 2 more years. I'm playing with the idea of putting an antenna in my attic and using the existing cabling to hook it to the TV. Maybe that's a weekend project. We'll see. Won't do anything drastic until the whole thing is settled one way or the other.
I got an outdoor antenna that I mounted to my old Dish mount and use the coax that was for Dish. Works fine. Got an Amazon Recast and also a AirTV Anwhere OTA DVR. Works real well and the AirTV integrates with the Sling TV app.

·
Hall Of Fame
6,099 Posts
Yeah, OTA is still a pretty good source of entertainment. In my case it seems all that I record is on OTA and even there, the most recordings are from the CW. Did record some golf from the weekend and a bit of football too. Otherwise all the channels are pretty much duds for me, and that includes the slew of ‘cable’ channels that most often only have one or two shows of interest in any given week, the rest being filled in with drivel and reruns.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.