DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
3,248 Posts
There was a vhf/uhf antenna on the rooftop of our house when we bought it 50 years ago. Over time I replaced the twin-lead with coax and have been receiving excellent OTA pictures from all the local stations. Last time I checked my TV there were over 120 channels available, including the three public channels in the LA area, 28. 50, and 58 plus all their subsidiaries. I also use that antenna for FM reception, since these stations are just above channel 6's frequency.

That said, I am sorry to see Locast give up.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,248 Posts
I never signed up for Locast as I have a rooftop antenna and can get over 100 channels. From what I've read Locast did not require donations but if none were made your viewing was interrupted asking for such.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,248 Posts
Less than 15% of taxpayers itemize anymore. I doubt that the $5 donation each month ( plus the 50-cent fee) would make much difference in the tax owed even for those who itemize. I haven't itemized since we paid off our mortgage 20 years ago.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.