DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Legend
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had this problem right before turning in for bed last night and wanted to see if anyone else has seen it:

I had just finished watching a recorded show (an episode of Enterprise from HDNet). I think I was at the 'Do you want to Delete?' question but not totally sure. I clicked List and then did a double-dash delete on the episode of Enterprise.

The box went back to Live TV in the upper right hand corner preview box. (that is good). At this point I can't remember if I pressed 'Exit' or not. Either way, I was presented with an empty blue screen with the 'preview' window still showing Live TV. The HR20 would not respond to any remote presses and I had to do a red-button reset. (that is bad)

I'm sorry I can't remember every single step along the way, but I'm pretty sure that to recreate this you have to do the following:
- Watch a recorded show (unsure as to whether you have to be at the very end and presented with the 'do you want to delete?' question
- Go to the 'List'
- Double-Dash delete the episode you are/were watching
- (Not sure of this) Click 'Exit'

I'm at work and can't really test this out right now. Anyone else see something like this? In the future I'll probably try to avoid deleting a show while currently watching it since that appears to cause some problems for me.

I am still on 0xe3

·
I used to be a rocket scientist
12,182 Posts
Our sole lockup came at the end of sequence more or less like that. I don't know for sure because my wife was the one watching a show and running the remote while I was reading a book. In our case it was an SD show off an MPEG2 local. Happened about a week ago and the only lockup we've had. Also on 0xE3.

·
Godfather
284 Posts
Yes, I've had a similar lockup. At the end of a show, clicked "Yes, delete" then it took me to an all blue screen with a live (and playing) preview in the upper right. Would not respond to remote nor front panel buttons though and required a red-button reset.

·
Mentor
41 Posts
This seems to be the only way I have found to make my HR20 lock up. If I try and delete a show while I am watching it (from info -> more info -> delete) or when its done I hit "Yes Delete" I have stopped doing that....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.