DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Mentor
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is starting to become a major issue for me. This is the 3rd time since I've had the HR20 that it's locked up after or during heavy rain. I'm working late at work and connect via my slingplayer to find it locked up again today. Just a frozen pixelated screen. No way to reset it from here so I'm stuck without a way to pause MNF so I don't miss anything. Ughh.

·
Godfather
256 Posts
Spyfy said:
This is starting to become a major issue for me. This is the 3rd time since I've had the HR20 that it's locked up after or during heavy rain. I'm working late at work and connect via my slingplayer to find it locked up again today. Just a frozen pixelated screen. No way to reset it from here so I'm stuck without a way to pause MNF so I don't miss anything. Ughh.
Mine locks up without rain. I had my new HR20 installed last Tuesday and it was locking up the first day during the setup. Recieved the newest software upgrade on Wednesday morning and still had problems. I talked to tech support and they determined for some reason that the box had a problem, and sent me new box that I recieved this morning. Set up the new box and it locked up three different times while I was setting up my wishlist. In less than seven days I've had a half dozen lockups and I'm on my second DVR. I'm not impressed. I don't know if my HR10-250 ever locked up on me. I'll have to see if things improve over time. Good luck. Frank

·
Mentor
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm about to blow my lid. This is totally unacceptable. This must be fixed. It's happened again. I've been really patient with this box but with these lockups and the missed recordings I've had it's about to be tossed in the trash. Need to upgrade my HR10-250 to 6.3 and reinstall it till they get this thing fixed.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Spyfy said:
I'm about to blow my lid. This is totally unacceptable. This must be fixed. It's happened again. I've been really patient with this box but with these lockups and the missed recordings I've had it's about to be tossed in the trash. Need to upgrade my HR10-250 to 6.3 and reinstall it till they get this thing fixed.
We should really start a counseling thread on this board for HR20 users... Anyone a therapist by day?

:lol:

·
Godfather
440 Posts
Radio Enginerd said:
We should really start a counseling thread on this board for HR20 users... Anyone a therapist by day?

:lol:
That's a good one!:lol:

After all, this is just TV.......

·
Legend
116 Posts
bobojay said:

For a lot of people it was $300 too. That's a lot of money.

I'm fairly happy with my HR20. The issues with this latest update are extremely annoying though. It worked a lot better with 0xD8.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
bobojay said:

I couldn't agree more. Everyone has a different opinion. This poor thread has gone soooooo way off topic. I can't wait to see what the next update has in store...

·
Mentor
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know it's just TV, but these things should work. I can deal with some minor bugs that are annoyances but ones that cause the HR20 to not do what it's intended for (ie. record shows) are very frustrating.

·
Mentor
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK. Can we get this issue moved up the list so it gets fixed. It's rainy season here in Ky. None of my other boxes are even getting rain fade and this HR20 continues to have the issue and locks up during any reasonable rainfall. Unbelievable.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.