DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me just explain again as it is complicated. Lets use an example of each situation. example 1: if you go to channel 244 on your directv reciever you will note that you have the call letters SCIFI, not the logo on your guide system. The logo was actually hard copied in all directv recievers for the last 5 years, it is in your reciever but you are not seeing it cause it is turned off at request of scifi/usa networks. directv has the capabilty to send a ON or OFF signal to your reciever weather to show a logo in your reciever or not. Many recievers, such as rca drd 480 re have a ZDnet logo in them, it is also,turned off.I purchased my unit cause it had that logo and was outraged when directv shut off,but its still in my reciever, i just cant see it. Example 2: SoapNet #262, the only rca recievers that have this logo are the newer RG units (i have an RE). SoapNET would be more than happy for you to see this logo in your guide system (unlike scifi), but you never will unless you have a reciever with it pre-installed. Directv is not interested in upgarding there guide systems via satelite, they rather you just go and buy new equipment, even though the recievers are upgradeable via satelite. And as proof of this, when the only download occured wich was for wink, rca did include a few logo changes, but sadly not enough.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.