DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Cool Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, since the Santa2 update, like a lot of you, my HR20 has slowly become less and less functional. Started with a few recordings that would work (instant "delete" recording" prompt upon pushing play) then I started losing Trick Play features 1 by 1, then the BSB worked it's way in. Well last week all Trick Play was completely disabled and so was ability to playback any recording. But I still had what amounted to an H20, most of the time (some BSB). Well yesterday I got BSB for any HD channel and around midnight I've got BSB on ALL CHANNELS*!

Looks like I'll be swaping DVR's with my bedroom (HD Tivo), calling D* & reformatting HR20. From what I've read here, I've no confidence that I will get a long lasting or satisfactory result.

I will update this thread with the full tale of my saga. This may include my wife leaving me and some man sobbing.;)

*I cycled through about 10 different an ranging channels.

· Cool Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jheda said:
People have dubbed a bug where all you get is black screen the Black Screen Bug, or BSB.

· DBSTalk Club Member
1,363 Posts
ok got it, i have called it the BSOD, and am susceptible to the bug.........

· Cool Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
macEarl said:
Have you tried off, then unplug for thirty seconds, then bringing it back up?
Last night I got home from work a little too late to get into serious TV fixing. Thankfully the tuner was working again (definately no Trick Play or recording though).

Tonight I will try the shut down/unplug method that you suggest.

If my Xbox 360 wasn't so dang awesome, I think I'd be a lot more stressed out about this... :grin:

A call to D* and swap with upstairs recorder is definately in the wings.

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
xx Max Power xx said:
Last night I got home from work a little too late to get into serious TV fixing. Thankfully the tuner was working again (definately no Trick Play or recording though).

Tonight I will try the shut down/unplug method that you suggest.

If my Xbox 360 wasn't so dang awesome, I think I'd be a lot more stressed out about this... :grin:

A call to D* and swap with upstairs recorder is definately in the wings.
Before you try that... why don't you try forcing the Release Candidate 0x115

· The Shadow Knows!
36,634 Posts
Also after unplugging hold the power button in for about 30 seconds. That's worked for a few people (sadly, not me).

· Cool Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the suggestions.

I didn't check back in to try Earl's thing first, but did the unplug dance.

I am happy to report that everything seems functional again! My wife is happy and therefore I am happy!

A pleasant surprise was the shows recorded during it's dark time seem to be intact and fully viewable.

Soooo.... I've noticed my HR10 freezing up too! I did the unplug dance with it a week or two ago (totally forgot about this) and it seemed ok. Last night I turned on the bedroom TV to find the image frozen and ignoring remote commands. I had to turn it right off (wife went to bed), so I didn't get to mess with it, or change remote batteries.

I am becoming convienced of a bigger issue than HR20 software too.

Peace Out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.