DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Cool Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any ideas on what to do if after restarting the HR20 it sits at the "Startup complete! Preparing to acquire satellite info...This will take a few minutes" screen? It sits there and will not proceed. Left it there for 20 minutes the first time, then unplugged receiver for 15 minutes and started it up again and it is still sitting there with front lights going in circles. No weather events, satellite signal was fine before restarting.

The shows in the MyVOD were not playing, so I thought I woudl restart and see if they disappeared like other people have described, but I guess I'll never know. I am going to let it sit at that screen for at least 30 minuted this time and see if I was just being impatient.

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
Are you connected via HDMI or Component?

Pull your HDMI if you do so, and try to set the format to 480i.
Or disconnect all the "HD" connections, and go with a standard S-Video.
Or also try turning off your TV... there are cases where the HR20 and the TV can't negotiate correctly.

Another thing to try, take your SAT 1 INPUT and flip it with your SAT 2 INPUT... or just disconnect SAT 2 completely...

It is possible it is failing on the auto-detect of the 2nd tuner

· Cool Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HDMI was connected the first time. Disconnected that and tried component. I can not change the format via the button the the unit itself as it does not respond. I have disconnected SAT2 and will try another reboot to see what happens.

· Cool Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just s-video connected and only SAT1 connected and the same results. I wonder if something is wrong with the hard drive. No weird sounds emitting from the box though.

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
clarkjrmac said:
Just s-video connected and only SAT1 connected and the same results. I wonder if something is wrong with the hard drive. No weird sounds emitting from the box though.
Hmmm... Do you have a 2nd box in the house, to check to see if you are having any signal issues?

Only thing I can recommend then is to let it sit un-plugged for a while (I know you left it for 15 already)....

If that doesn't work... then it is possible you are having a hardware issue and will need to replace the unit.

· Cool Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Signal was fine on the other boxes and just connected the H20 back up and it works as well. I'll try leaving it unplugged overnight to see if that helps. Will DirecTV replace the unit even if it was purchased from Best Buy?

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
clarkjrmac said:
Signal was fine on the other boxes and just connected the H20 back up and it works as well. I'll try leaving it unplugged overnight to see if that helps. Will DirecTV replace the unit even if it was purchased from Best Buy?
If you are with in your 30 days with BB... I would try there first, since you will get it faster.

Else, yes... DirecTV should still replace it as it is a leased box after all.

· Cool Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your help Earl. It is much appreciated.

We'll see if it is better in the morning after being off all night, otherwise I will return it to Best Buy since it is still within the 30 day window.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.