DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Cool Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have seen other posts like this one but only one was close to my situation and that one didn't address my issue. (just wanted to show that I did due diligence)

We have 2 HD DVR's, both connected with the DECA/Connected home. I want to add a third HD reciever, could be DVR doesn't matter I guess, just want to be able to watch recorded shows. Can someone fill me in on the best deal out there? I'm afraid of calling and getting sold a bill of goods from first tier reps. Our original installation was such a mess, they charged me full price for 2 DVR's and subsequently, after many hours on the phone, fixed the error with credits.

HR25? Will they cut you a deal on the cost of the equipment? Do you have to pay for installation?

Thanks folks, James.

·
Legend
133 Posts
You could just add a free HD DVR if it has been a year or more since your last equipment upgrade. You might have the equipment in place so that you can just have them turn on Whole-Home DVR, too. If not, there are offers right now for whole system upgrades on customers that have been with DirecTV and kept their accounts in good standing for awhile. The only way to know is to call and tell them you really want DVR service in a 3rd room and you're not interested in something you've gotta pay for. If you push, you may have to spend $49 for an install, but the equipment shouldn't cost anything.

If you've been a "bad" customer, all bets are off.

·
Cool Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you. Good customer since 1996, but since we moved out of state they started a new account. I have asked for it to be merged but it hasn't yet happened.

Thank you for all the help!

James.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.