DBSTalk Forum banner

Looking for a job

1683 Views 10 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Grentz
As many of you may know, DTV bought out Bruister & Assoc. this month.
I was one of the many that was terminated. Why? Don't know. I'll be getting the severance package next week. Probably because I told them that I was up for a raise and a bonus on the 20th and expected it to be honored.
Unfortunately, I happened to like my job a lot and I'm really pissed over being termed.:mad:

So anyway, I've been with Bruister for a year. 6 months of installs and the last 6 months as a service tech. I like service work. Service work is not as easy as most installs, but I like the challenge of discovering the problem and fixing it.

Is anyone hiring on the Northshore? (washington / st. tammany parish)

I currently have no equipment (cov tech), but I have $4000 set back to purchase a truck and equipment. I could be up and running in just a few days.
Hopefully someone out there can help - I have a mortgage and five kids and job hunting for a month or two is not an option.

Edward (will work for food) McCain

Bogalusa, LA.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
No direct help, but tons of moral support beaming your way from Coastal Georgia.
I'm wishing you the very best of luck and, If I may, I would like to add you and your
family to my prayer list.
Yes...best luck indeed.

My guess is you'll have better luck in the Baton Rouge area....especially since LIL's are supposed to be growing there soon...
https://careersearch.echostar.com/O...AKrjfdI-0gkOaieeZR&oas=f9BblCnYhGu1X92kgVMQKw..

This is the dish network career search site, they list some installation jobs here maybe you can find something.
remccain said:
I was one of the many that was terminated. Why? Don't know. I'll be getting the severance package next week. Probably because I told them that I was up for a raise and a bonus on the 20th and expected it to be honored.
Unfortunately, I happened to like my job a lot and I'm really pissed over being termed.:mad:

So anyway, I've been with Bruister for a year. 6 months of installs and the last 6 months as a service tech. I like service work. Service work is not as easy as most installs, but I like the challenge of discovering the problem and fixing it.

I currently have no equipment (cov tech), but I have $4000 set back to purchase a truck and equipment. I could be up and running in just a few days.
Hopefully someone out there can help - I have a mortgage and five kids and job hunting for a month or two is not an option.

cell - 985.516.6441
Bogalusa, LA.
You may want to check with HughesNet. They have installation fulfillment opportunities available in many areas where a sales agent sells a contract and they send you the installation order to complete. You'd need to have a business entity set up (at least a sole proprietorship). Granted, it's not DBS work but the installs are not too difficult and many DBS techs are also HughesNet certified.

If you wanted to move to Flagstaff, AZ, I know of a company looking for one or two satellite techs.

Best of luck to you.
remccain said:

cell - 985.516.6441
Bogalusa, LA.
Hey Edward,

Shoot me an e-mail and I'll reply with an address to a website that may help you in the search for a new job. [email protected]

Thanks,
Mike
The OP, remccain, hasn't acknowleged any responses here, or posted
anywhere else on the site since his initial post of Aug 15, almost two weeks
ago. Hopefully, he found a job, but we may never know unless he posts again.
Thanks Nick!

I personally like to hear success stories!!!!
His last activity was August 20th. So, it appears that he was showing up for a while and then dropped off.
Wish the best for him! Hopefully he found something that worked out for him and his family.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.