DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· New Texan
11,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, who is buying Lord Of The Rings? The best price in my area is $15.99 at Best Buy, so I'll be camped out at the store at 10 AM. (I will be also purchasing Star Trek II).

Just as a heads up:
- The DVD will be released in both Widescreen and Pan and Scan. Check the packaging.
- There are two releases planned. The November 4-disc release will have additional footage, and come with completely different extra features than the two DVD set.

· Arcane Movie Trivia King
1,806 Posts
i'm waiting for the sooper dooper ultimate power packed three movie set to be released sometime in early 2005-after they finish sqeezing blood out of the turnip the first go around...lol

· New Texan
11,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, picked up two copies (one for me and one for a friend) when Best Buy opened. A crowd of ~30 people were there when the doors opened. It was a fairly calm crowd, although someone joked when a cop car pulled up, that Best Buy needed some crowd control. :)

As for Star Trek II and V: The Final Battle.... I'm going to see what the Fry's ad says this Friday.

· Arcane Movie Trivia King
1,806 Posts
keep in mind that the DIRECTOR'S CUT of LOTR:FOTR will be out in November....

· New Texan
11,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by jrjcd
keep in mind that the DIRECTOR'S CUT of LOTR:FOTR will be out in November....
Yes, so save your receipt AND your coupon book. There isa $5 rebate for purchasing both the Theatrical Version and Extended Directors cut. In addition, the Directors cut features ~30 minutes of additional footage, and all of the special features will be different.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.