DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Godfather
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this at TCF, but I figured I would post here as well...

I'm having some major issues with my HR10-250, and I was wondering if there were any LA locals who were able to help. Here's the issue:

Last night when I turned on the TV, the HR10-250 was completely dead. I unplugged it for 30 seconds then plugged it back in. It went through the entire boot cycle until I had a picture again. The audio dropped out, the picture froze, and it rebooted. Lather, rinse, repeat. DirecTV suggested a couple things I tried, like powering up without the access card in, and resetting my power strip. I also tried a kickstart method I found. Nothing helped. I left the unit unplugged overnight and tried again this morning. The first attempt led to it being stuck on the "Welcome. Powering Up" screen. I unplugged and tried again, only to have the loop crash again. I tried one more time using the kickstart method. I got a message saying the unit had been shut down because it was too hot. That is definitely not the case. the cabinet doors were left open overnight, and it's cool to the touch.

They sent me an HR20, but I'm hoping that I'll be able to get my HR10-250 up and running before I need to send it back.

What I'm hoping for is an LA local who might have time to take a look at my drives to see if there's any hope for them. I don't really care about the programs on there. It would be nice to salvage them if I could, but there's nothing that will be missed. If not, I still have the original drive that was in the TiVo when I got it. If I could get that back in and remove the two drives there, that might buy me a little time. The original hard drive was failing, so it would be a band-aid, at best. I don't have the money to invest in new drives at the moment.

I would appreciate any assistance.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.