DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Legend
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of the LA residents out there have a recommendation for an installer in the LA area they've had good experiences with? I'm considering re-running the RG6 lines into my apartment to see if that might alleviate some of the HR20 problems I'm experiencing and I'm trying to figure out the cost difference between buying a 500' spool and doing it myself vs. having someone else do it.

The only experiences I've had with D* installers have been pretty negative in terms of the tech's abilities, so I'm hoping to find someone that actually knows as much about satellite TV as I do, as opposed to the last guy I had who thought B-band converters were "noise reduction filters."

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

7 Posts
Do any of the LA residents out there have a recommendation for an installer in the LA area they've had good experiences with? ... The only experiences I've had with D* installers have been pretty negative in terms of the tech's abilities...
Same here! I am in the Agoura Hills / Thousand Oaks area, and I need the AT9 installed with a new multiswitch and a new 2-cable DVR location installed in an interior room (house is on slab, cables will need to be fished through ceiling, etc.).

The DTV "installers" that did my Mover Connection five years ago were barely in high school, drilled several errant holes through my garage walls, mismounted the dish and left holes in the wood, and then tapped into the cable TV wires and left the splitters hanging out in the rain. It took three repeat visits until a moderately competent tech got it working. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.