DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
AllStar
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get my locals from Terre Haute, IN and it doesn't have ABC so I get it from Chicago and with the Distant Networks shutting off does that mean I'm screwed because if i loss ABC I'm going back to Cable unless Dish can give me ABC without a OTA Antennas. So what should I do.

·
Godfather
351 Posts
Yes , you should be losing your Chicago ABC by 12/1. The court ruling does not allow Dish Network to carry any distant networks, regardless of circumstances.

Not much you can do really. Your only option for an ABC is an antenna, or cable.

·
Godfather/Supporter
2,029 Posts
coltonjared said:
I get my locals from Terre Haute, IN and it doesn't have ABC so I get it from Chicago and with the Distant Networks shutting off does that mean I'm screwed because if i loss ABC I'm going back to Cable unless Dish can give me ABC without a OTA Antennas. So what should I do.
If you have read the thousands of posts, there is no other way to put it. No one who now receives any distant stations will anymore from Dish. You can go back to cable, or see if Direct TV offers anything for you. Have you written and called your representatives as Dish has suggested you do?

·
Hall Of Fame
5,345 Posts
Nope. Only certain areas of TH get the Indy station because the western areas are out of the SV areas. Even then, if Greg is right, it won't matter anyway, SVs are gone too.

See ya
Tony

·
AllStar
61 Posts
coltonjared said:
Hey coltonjared, I think that you could get ABC 25 out of evansville on antenna in olney. but actually you are not scrwed too badly, because you have several options, 1. go to cable:nono: :nono: :nono: (I wouldn't go that route now that Comcast has taken over), 2. You can ""Move"" to Fairfield or Albion and get the Evansville locals (which also do a good job of covering up here) 3. Hope that Dish adds the evansville ABC to the Richland and Lawrence county lineup.

·
AllStar
64 Posts
coltonjared said:
I'm in the same boat. I live in S OK and am getting Distant ABC out of Dallas. According to the DMA chart is even a neighboring local/significantly viewed channel. If it gets pulled then no ABC for me. I don't live in town either and there's no cable running out here.

·
Legend
175 Posts
jhamps10 said:
Hey coltonjared, I think that you could get ABC 25 out of evansville on antenna in olney. but actually you are not scrwed too badly, because you have several options, 1. go to cable:nono: :nono: :nono: (I wouldn't go that route now that Comcast has taken over), 2. You can ""Move"" to Fairfield or Albion and get the Evansville locals (which also do a good job of covering up here) 3. Hope that Dish adds the evansville ABC to the Richland and Lawrence county lineup.
I live in Terre Haute, and no we have no ABC affiliate....even the majority of the people in Terre Haute do not have an ABC station listed as 'SV' (not that it will matter anyway). WICD 15-1 comes in pretty well via OTA to the Terre Haute area...downside is no program guide data :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.