DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I tried searching and didnt really find what I was looking for. I may have two problems but I'm not sure.

The directv installer upgraded me to HDTV about 5 months ago. In doing so he put the splitter box(wb68? I think) right on the ground. I didnt notice until recently. I did finally notice because we had a really heavy rain storm took out the directv. After some checking(I knew it wasnt the normal heavy precip loss of signal) I assumed it was because the splitter got wet. Sure enough 1 day later all was perfect, guessing after it dried.

I moved the splitter a little to a better but not in the ideal place but no question it was better. Needless to say we got another 3 days of rain and the directv went out again. It came back fairly quickly but now I only have only one tuner, tuner 1.

Today checked the connections and a couple were loose and starting to rust/corrode(again poor inital installation). I cleaned them up and/or put new connectors on but i still dont have tuner 2. I tried moving the corroded line coming out of postion 4(with the new end) over to position 5 on the splitter thinking if anything inside at position 4 was corroding I wouldnt really be able to do a good job cleaning it anyway. It didnt help, still no feed on tuner 2.

The strange part is if I swap the feed from the splitter to the DVR that is currently going to tuner 1 to tuner 2 at the back of the DVR I get NO signal, no #1 and no #2? can the system not function with just a good feed to tuner 2?

I hate to pay someone to come out for something stupid but I'm starting to think its the DVR?

thanks for any help

· Hall Of Fame
4,992 Posts
Do you not carry the protection plan? One service call is $80.

· Hall Of Fame
4,992 Posts
av8rds said:
I dont remember if I do or not but either way I was hoping to try to figure it out myself before it got that far.
You can look online on your account to see if you are paying for it or not.

7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know and I appreciate the suggestion, I really do(and no I havent looked yet), but if its something I can figure out today then I wont have to wait a week for them to come out thats all.

· Godfather
347 Posts
bypass your "splitter" aka multiswitch and feed 2 lines from your dish to the back of your box.

7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
rhambling said:
bypass your "splitter" aka multiswitch and feed 2 lines from your dish to the back of your box.
ok tried it. I still only have tuner 1 and no signal when reversed(that is the line I know is currently feeding tuner 1 hooked up to tuner 2)

bad box or bad dish?

· Dad
5,798 Posts
av8rds said:
no they stayed put.
Save time, remove both BBC's and test the lines.
You should get the 101, 110 and 119 SATs on both tuners without BBC's.
If success on both, put BBCs back and see what happens.

If one tuner has nothing, then it's the tuner if you flip the lines back and forth.

And be sure to go back to Sat setup and ensure your dish selection, and multiswitch is correctly selected with both tuners. If one tuner was selected, tuner 2 will always show zero.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.