Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Cool Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

We switched from DTV (Hughes/TiVo) to Dish (ViP922) last week, and have new SAT equipment installed. The new flat panel TV is scheduled for delivery today, so we've been limping along with a smallish analog NTSC CRT monitor (our last TV was donated on 12/31 for a tax credit).

We're still coming up the learning curve on the ViP922 user interface.

This morning my wife turned on the sytem and got an error message (sorry don't have the number, if there was one): There was an error on the hard drive and all saved programs will be lost. Bummer.

Is this typical? What might have caused it? Suggestions to avoid it again?

Thanks In Advance and Comments Welcome!

Peter

·
622 Tips & Trick Keeper
9,880 Posts
Did you actually loose data? There is a know issue that is suppose to be fixed in the upcoming release regarding this error. The error actually is benign. Do a soft reboot by holding down the power button for a count of 10 and you will find all your recordings are still in tact.

As for error number (for future reference) is in the upper right corner of the dialog.

Do a search and you will find some threads on this particular issue.

·
Cool Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ron Barry said:
Did you actually loose data? There is a know issue that is suppose to be fixed in the upcoming release regarding this error. The error actually is benign. Do a soft reboot by holding down the power button for a count of 10 and you will find all your recordings are still in tact.

As for error number (for future reference) is in the upper right corner of the dialog.

Do a search and you will find some threads on this particular issue.
Ron,

Thanks for the quick response. As you can see I'm not very active on this forum and although I've searched for other posts on this subject I found nothing.

Moving on. My wife reports by phone that our existing DVR files are still there. (Hurrah!) I'm at work. So, as far as I know there was an error message number that was not recorded before she hit 'continue' (or whatever). She said the box came on a few minutes later (auto rebooting?).

Next step - uncrate the new flat panel TV when I get home...

Comments Welcome!

Peter

·
622 Tips & Trick Keeper
9,880 Posts
oh.. and I forgot.. :welcome_s to the site and glad to have you! Sure sounds like the issues others have been through including myself. Just so you know.. What seems to be corrupted is the VOD area so you should be ok.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.