DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Legend
221 Posts
debpasc said:
Still no daytime HD, Monday -- Friday. Maybe I really have finally lost my mind and I never was getting Martha Stewart in HD....
Sounds like you are confusing an HD signal with HD programing and my have "play it again Sam" memory. Just because the broadcast signal is in HD doesn't mean that the programing is.

·
Legend
221 Posts
loves2watch said:
...Many of the soaps and other programming is in fact broadcast in HD from the local networks...
I thought that only one soap opera (Young and Restless) was shot and shown in HD. Now there are more and if so what are they?

·
Legend
221 Posts
debpasc said:
I really think I was getting Martha in HD prior to Thanksgiving week. As I mentioned earlier, switching from SD to HD automatically changes my aspect ratio from stretch to normal. In either case, my 50 inch DLP screen is filled. Now, on Martha, and anything else labeled as HD during daytime hours, the aspect stays at normal as if it was HD but the screen is not filled. This was not the case before -- the screen was filled, the picture appeared to be HD, and the HD logo appeared in the corner.
Again you seem to be confusing a HD signal showing SD content. As long as a HD signal is being sent to your set it doesn't know if/that the original source is SD, aka 4x3, aka 1.33. The window boxed black bars are encoded into the HD signal so your set sees this as a 1.78 aka 16x9 picture (which it is with black on the sides)..

I checked TitianTV and Martha is SD (not HD) and there are no soap operas in HD except The Young and Restless. The View, Good Morning America, and Today are the only other daytime network shows in HD.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.