DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an HR 24 and slimline 5 LNB. I've noticed for the past two years that from October to May, I lose my almost all of my HD channels. I've had two installers come out and reposition the dish to no avail. Once May kicks in, everything is great. I share my service with my cousin who lives in Cleveland. I'm located in Oakville ON. I'm wondering if it's the change in the Earth's rotation which happens as we progress thru the year and I lose sight of the HD sats. SD is fine.

Here are pics of my signal strength and meter

Any ideas or fixes? The dish in anchored into the upper level of my home with clear line of sight to the sky.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,614 Posts
You're missing all readings from the 103º HD satellite. Do you have other Receivers/DVRs? Do they show the same problem?

Since it's intermittent, it's likely a problem with the multiswitch or the dish LNB itself.

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
litzdog911 said:
You're missing all readings from the 103º HD satellite. Do you have other Receivers/DVRs? Do they show the same problem?

Since it's intermittent, it's likely a problem with the multiswitch or the dish LNB itself.
It's my only receiver. No multiswitch (ie splitter if that's what a multiswitch is)

Works perfectly in spring & summer and loses HD fall & winter.

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe I have a DirecTV Slimline SL5 KA/KU 5 Satellite Dish with 1 coax required for each tuner. Should I upgrade to the DirecTV Slimline SL5S SWM DECA MRV 5 Satellite Dish?

·
Hall Of Fame
7,058 Posts
I see you are in Ontario and "share" an account with someone. This is highly against the rules. I am sure a mod will be along soon to lock this thread as doing things against the D* TOS are not allowed to be discussed at this site. Its called account stacking and it is not acceptable

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
CCarncross said:
I see you are in Ontario and "share" an account with someone. This is highly against the rules. I am sure a mod will be along soon to lock this thread as doing things against the D* TOS are not allowed to be discussed at this site. Its called account stacking and it is not acceptable
Sorry, wasn't trying to break the rules. I pay for the account. I know of many people who have residences in both the USA and Canada (snowbirds for example) and they want access to their account year round. Is this illegal too?

·
Super Moderator
42,754 Posts
ERDr said:
Sorry, wasn't trying to break the rules. I pay for the account. I know of many people who have residences in both the USA and Canada (snowbirds for example) and they want access to their account year round. Is this illegal too?
It's illegal to receive programing outside the US. For those in Latin American, there is another DirecTV service provider.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.