DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Cool Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have lost my local channels in HD only, SD works as does every other channel. I am getting a 536 error at times at a 15 error. Should I call Dish to have someone check my alignment?

I have reset the DVR, checked connection, run a system test...

· Legend
235 Posts
I notice yesterday that I lost my locals (FTA) that was connected to my Vip211 receiver. I have locals (FTA) on my other Vip211K. When I say "locals", I'm referring to the channels I get from my roof antenna that goes through the Dish receiver. At first I thought a coax cable may have come loose out at the mast due to the 60 miles per hours winds we have had the past week. I've tried all day to locate the problem between the Vip211 receiver and the combiner that feeds both receivers. I'm thinking about calling Dish to get some help.

· Super Moderator
54,197 Posts
Skeeterman, "FTA" generally refers to "free to air" satellite signals - it might be less confusing to use the "OTA" (over the air) acronym that is more common for free over the air television reception.

As for your problem, does your TV have an ATSC tuner? Can you disconnect your antenna feed from the 211 and connect it to the back of the set an test using the TV's tuner?

Simonjester, what market are you in? Knowing that we can look at what transponder your HD locals are on and other transponders on that satellite and see if it is aiming or possibly a problem with an LNB.

· Super Moderator
54,197 Posts
Simonjester said:
I'm in Colorado Springs, CO
That puts your HD locals on 129 TP 2 (spot beam 28).

Go to Menu-6-1-1 (the point dish screen).
Select "129" under Satellite. Select "02" under Transponder.
What is the signal level?
Does the display say "Locked" or "Not Locked" at the bottom of the screen?

Stay on "129" and select "17" under Transponder.
Same questions - signal level, Locked or Not Locked?

Stay on "129" and select "18" under Transponder.
Same questions - signal level, Locked or Not Locked?

If you are getting a locked signal on 17 and 18 (and the transponders up to 32) then your aiming is probably fine. If you're missing 18 and other even transponders (or have much lower signals on evens than odds) there may be a problem with your LNB.

· Cool Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok Thanks for the help I'm getting no signal Not Locked on Transponder #2
On 17 & 18 I'm getting a lock with a signal in the mid 20's
17 to 32 are all locked
1 to 16 no signal
Signal on other birds are in the 50s to 70s

Update, if I let it sit on #2 for a bit I see lock with a signal of 4 to 8...

· Super Moderator
54,197 Posts
Here are is the minimum signal levels you should be seeing in Colorado Springs:
110x14 110x15 110x16 110x21
Minimum Signal 54 57 58 60
119x14 119x15 119x16 119x21
Minimum Signal 52 62 62 65
129x19 129x20 129x29 129x30
Minimum Signal 42 40 40 40
(Satellite x Transponder above each minimum.)

Mid 20's is low ... a reaim should help.

· Godfather
499 Posts
Simonjester said:
Ok thanks Service is about 2 months old they are going to charge to come out and re-aim right?
Worst case would be a $15 "Tech visit fee" as you have the Service Plan free for 6 mos. I would ask for that to be waived tho. If you have access to the dish and are comfortable doing so, you could probably solve the problem yourself by adjusting the elevation up or down a degree or 2. So you don't lose the channels you currently get, just take note of the current elevation setting so you can restore it if that is not the issue.

263 Posts
Simonjester said:
I have lost my local channels in HD only, SD works as does every other channel. I am getting a 536 error at times at a 15 error. Should I call Dish to have someone check my alignment?

I have reset the DVR, checked connection, run a system test...
I would be more than happy to review what is causing this. Please send me a PM with your phone or account number. I appreciate it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.