DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this one has us totally frustrated. Last week we set recordings for the College foobal and NFL games that we wanted to watch. I always check the schedule right before the week to make sure that none of the games is being skipped by one of us setting a movie to record or whatever. I looked at the stations that I used for the recordings and they showed only one recording event for one station and all the rest had disappeared - not skipped just plain not there. I went to the dvr schedule and still nothing but the one game showing up for Saturday and no NFL for Sunday. I went on to the timer list and all the events for the games were there. I found that a couple had conflicting times due to the hour pad and fixed that but they still didn't come back to the schedule or the guide. I ended up deleting them and putting them all back (removing the pads and making sure no conflicts during scheduling). I did this on Thursday. On Friday, the same situation occurred. I tried re-booting but still had to delete all and replace them. On both days, I had checked them after scheduling the events (which I do from the guide) so I know they were there to start with. Normally the conflicted events show up on the guide with the little red circle indicating a conflict and on the schedule as a skipped event (and, yes, I had 'show skips' selected) but I've never seen them just disappear from the guide and the schedule

Any ideas what we did wrong or has anyone else seen this happen? I haven't seen this happen on any of my new, manual, or weekly timers, just the 'once' timers we set for football and only last week. We've never had a problem setting them the last few weeks before this one so we're stymied!:nono:

·
Hall Of Fame
3,055 Posts
If this happens again I'd try running a check switch and then exiting. This will force a guide update. I've seen this happen before when my guide data is outdated or corrupt. Granted I've only seen this a couple times in 8 months.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rob Glasser said:
If this happens again I'd try running a check switch and then exiting. This will force a guide update. I've seen this happen before when my guide data is outdated or corrupt. Granted I've only seen this a couple times in 8 months.
Thanks Rob. If it happens again this week, I'll try that! Nice to know I'm not the only one who has seen this!

·
Hall Of Fame
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, so this is what I saw this week. Had timers set for back to back games on 011-00 (fox sat local) - no problem. Set two timers for games showing on 243 and 244 (CBS & CBS-W sat local and sat distant). I wanted to make sure that I saw all of the game that started at 10 a.m. so I wanted the timer to run until 2 p.m. I also wanted to watch the game that started at 1:00 but knew I would have to delay it's start until 2:00 so that it would not conflict with the prior game or the game on 011-00. I tried setting them every way I knew how and finally settled on creating the timer for the later game, editing its time to start at 2:05 p.m. instead of 1 and then setting the timer for the 10:00 game and allowing it to keep its one hour extension. I had set the timers earlier in the week trying to start the second one at 2 but the timers kept disappearing from the schedule or giving me a conflict that really did not exist or (after using Rob's check-switch suggestion) resetting back to the games' original times - the 2:05 editing seemed to do the trick (tried setting them in many different ways, trust me). But it actually didn't because, even after checking the schedule and seeing the timers set up as I had set them, the 622 ignored my edited times and stopped the earlier game at 1:00 and started the other game at 1:00. When it happened (cuz I was watching to see what it would do), I double-checked the timers and, sure enough, the times were as I had set them but the 622 ignored the edited times. So I missed the end of the San Diego game because, at this point, I was too frustrated to stop the other game that started earlier than I had told it to and try to figure out how to fix it!!! I guess this all has something to do with name-based recording but I would think edited times would override the program time. I guess this week, if I need to manipulate times, I will simply set a manual timer but what a PITA!:nono:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.