DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
AllStar
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to have lost all programming on a DP301 that I don't use very often, all channels except the freebies are in red. My other 301 is fine. The problem receiver is running the correct software, the signal is good. I have tried resetting the receiver with the front panel power button, and I have tried unplugging the receiver for awhile, all to no available. I would rather not call Dish. Any suggestions? TIA.

·
Hall Of Fame
5,579 Posts
Live without programming or call DISH for a rehit. Sounds like the DISH NAZIS(audit team) may have found you especially since you seem to be afraid of calling DISH.

·
AllStar
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm running only two receivers (for about 4 years), and neither one has ever been attached to a phone line. I have never ordered PPV on either one. Strange that I lost programming on the one, but not the other. Guess I'll have to phone Dish, unless someone has any other ideas.

·
Icon
1,029 Posts
I had a 508 unplugged while we were doing some remodeling. When I plugged it back in, it went through all of its motions and even downloaded a new software rev in addition to guide updates. All of my stations were red. My other receivers were fine. I called Dish and went through the automated rehit. Everything came back except my locals. Stayed on the line and a tech came on. Had me pull the smart card and reinsert then do a switch check and with that the locals came back.

..Doyle

·
Hall Of Fame
2,114 Posts
If a receiver is left unplugged from the wall, disconnected from the dish, ... for long enough, it can miss the signal that extends the self-expiring subscription. I don't know the length of time before a receiver becomes unsubscribed, but the automated reauthorization is easy to try.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.