DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Legend
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was watching MotorWeek delayed on 249 PBS. At some point I got a "Acquiring Satellite Signal" & a blank screen. Tried to replay the recording but there was only a blank screen. Did a reset and then the recording was lost as it did not appear anymore on the PVR recordings menu.

Also, two timers failed completely this week. I started to record CSI from the guide so that the recording would stop at 10:00pm est. But it didn't stop and continued recording until I did a manual stop and I lost 10 minutes of ER because the timer didn't fire up. Same story with Friends.

For the record: 2 timers out of 20 did not performed properly this week.

·
Hall Of Fame
5,046 Posts
Hi DDRio, Welcome to DBSTalk. :hi:

I've yet to have a timer problem, but at this point I only have a couple set. I have read about some timer issues since P153 though, so your not the only one. Please keep us updated!!

Guess I'm one of the lucky one's, I've never had any problems with "Acquiring Satellite Signal". It's truly amazing on how each 501 seems to have there own personality.

·
Hall Of Fame
5,046 Posts
llunken as far as I know when your manually recording, the 501 has always been like that.

I just recorded 9 hrs worth of stuff the other night because I for to turn it off. :shrug:

·
EKB Editor
4,022 Posts
llunken777,
Go to the guide or press Browse before pressing record. This will create an event timer starting now and ending at the scheduled end of the show.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.