DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· AllStar
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Overnight I seemed to have lost a bunch of channels. My wife say the one she was watching went dark and it no longer appears in the guide.

Here is a partial list of what does not seem to be there any longer.

Code:
261 DFH
266 BIO
270-273
276 NGC
284 SCI
285 ID
286 Destination
May be others.

The channels are still available on my other recievers. (I don't have any subscribed HDVR2s anymore). Anyone else have issues on the HR10-250?

· Hall Of Fame
2,463 Posts
dengland said:
Overnight I seemed to have lost a bunch of channels. My wife say the one she was watching went dark and it no longer appears in the guide.

Here is a partial list of what does not seem to be there any longer.

Code:
261 DFH
266 BIO
270-273
276 NGC
284 SCI
285 ID
286 Destination
May be others.

The channels are still available on my other recievers. (I don't have any subscribed HDVR2s anymore). Anyone else have issues on the HR10-250?
What package do you have? That will help us figure out what has happened.

· AllStar
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Choice Xtra Clasic. Like I mentioned above the HR34 and the HR20s are fine and have those channels. Do the DTV branded rcvrs and the Tivo branded rcvr get different authorization signals?

· MANC
1,504 Posts
On your HR10-250 you should check the signal strengths on the 101 satellite. There are thirty-two transponder, even and odd, they should for the most part all have equal signal strengths in the ninetys. If you have a pattern of all Zero's on even or odd transponders then you have a reception issue. A bad lnb, connector or wire can cause this usually associated with a searching for satellite signal message.

If the transponders are all good you might take a look in the Tivo forum there is a thread about software upgrades.

· AllStar
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the thought. I will check when get back to the house. Funny thing is that channels were missing from the HR10 guide too when viewing all channels received.

· AllStar
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
samrs said:
On your HR10-250 you should check the signal strengths on the 101 satellite. There are thirty-two transponder, even and odd, they should for the most part all have equal signal strengths in the ninetys. If you have a pattern of all Zero's on even or odd transponders then you have a reception issue. A bad lnb, connector or wire can cause this usually associated with a searching for satellite signal message.

If the transponders are all good you might take a look in the Tivo forum there is a thread about software upgrades.
All the transponders looked good.

· AllStar
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dishrich said:
A simple re-boot of your HD Tivo might fix everything; it DOES sometimes become necessary... ;)
Thanks. Rebooting generated an error during satellite check. I re-performed the guided setup. No errors were seen. All was back to normal after that. Thanks again for the reboot suggestion.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.