DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Icon
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I went to check to make sure Lost was recording. Nope. It didn't show as cancelled in the history or anything, no R...it just wasn't recording. So I went to live and hit record hoping it would get the whole thing since we had been recording Dancing just before it. Well, the status bar showed that it was recording and I went back to the VOD list and tried to play from the beginning. BSOD. Deleted the partial and tried again. Same thing. I wound up having to delete the 3 minute partial recording, change channels, switch back to ABC, and THEN start the recording. Everything was working fine then.

·
6 Posts
I had the same problem, turned it on about 15 minutes into the show though. This isn't the first time this has happened either. I did what you did and it works fine for me now too. If this is going to be a recurring issue, I'm going to be p***ed.

So is this a faulty box, or a software bug? Thoughts?

·
Hall Of Fame
1,765 Posts
Yes this happened to me tonight with Jericho on CBS HD Local in NY. I then checked my Lost reording and it was started. I even went to list and started to play it to be sure.

Between Jericho mishap and Lost I did a red button reset.

Thanks God I have the DTivo upstairs so we can see the first half of Jericho.

dervari said:
Well, I went to check to make sure Lost was recording. Nope. It didn't show as cancelled in the history or anything, no R...it just wasn't recording. So I went to live and hit record hoping it would get the whole thing since we had been recording Dancing just before it. Well, the status bar showed that it was recording and I went back to the VOD list and tried to play from the beginning. BSOD. Deleted the partial and tried again. Same thing. I wound up having to delete the 3 minute partial recording, change channels, switch back to ABC, and THEN start the recording. Everything was working fine then.

·
AllStar
126 Posts
Same thing happened to me tonight with Lost. It said it was recording, tried to start watching 20 minutes in .... nothing but a black screen ... could go to live and watch live, but couldn't rewind. Stopped recording, changed channels, hit record again, nothing but a black screen when going back to the beginning. I ended up having to delete the first 30 minute segment ... change the channel ... go back and hit record. The fact that I could never get my ABC OTA reliably on my HR10 was the main reason I switched to the HR20 ... I guess I just can't win.

·
Icon
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just found something that was strange. My wife was watching the recording of Dancing which showed as 1:00 length. Well, it got to the end...and kept on going. Lost started and it was at 1:04 when I went to VOD and started the partial recording that I started manually at 9:05pm. Once we're done with Lost, I'm going to go back and see how far into Lost that the recording of Dancing went.

·
4 Posts
I had the same issue with Lost tonight. Record light was on, but nothing the MyVOD list. Switched to watching it live, play worked to show the progress bar but no "R" signifying it's recording. I hit record. It now shows recording and in the MyVOD list, but playing from the list results in BSOD.

Also, while watching it on the live buffer, only Play would work (to show the progress bar). Pause, fast forward, rewind, replay, advance all failed to do anything.

·
Banned
686 Posts
badlydrawnboy said:
What exactly does the red reset button do?
according to the manual, just about everything.

one thing the manual doesnt mention is that it also blows away all of that pesky guide informaton- but who needs that in a dvr, anyway?

·
Icon
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Seems the beginning of Lost was stuck to the tail end of Dancing last night. That's apparently why there was no "R" showing up on the guide at 9:02. The first 4 minutes of Lost is allo that got tacked onto the end of Dancing. It was about that time I switched channels (to clear the buffer) and then started the manual recording of Lost.

·
Cool Member
11 Posts
Happened to me as well. The light came on saying that it was recording but was not in my VOD. I then went to manually record and it showed the R on the title so I thought that everything was fine. When I went to the VOD to watch it later in the night it was gone. This was the first show that hasn't recorded in about month and a half. Luckily I still have my HR-250 as my backup.

·
Legend
176 Posts
gator5000e said:
Lots of video breakups and audio drop outs during the MPEG4 broadcast. 36 minutes into Lost right now.
Were you watching it live or recorded/paused? I haven't watched it yet, so far I haven't had a watchable recording from WFTV yet. I'm still using my BrightHouse HD DVR.

·
Legend
156 Posts
Just got my HR20 in yesterday. No bugs yet. Setup three Series Links last night on the local HDs, Bones, Lost, and CSI: NY. All three were recorded properly.

·
Mentor
36 Posts
matto said:
according to the manual, just about everything.

one thing the manual doesnt mention is that it also blows away all of that pesky guide informaton- but who needs that in a dvr, anyway?
Awesome. All it did was remove the 2 recordings :) I'll see how it progresses from here on out, WAF is super low on this item. When the kitchen remodel is complete it's getting shifted up there

·
AllStar
126 Posts
badlydrawnboy said:
Awesome. All it did was remove the 2 recordings :) I'll see how it progresses from here on out, WAF is super low on this item. When the kitchen remodel is complete it's getting shifted up there
Yeah, tell me about it ... I can handle the glitches and bugs ... what I can't handle is the constant *****ing about how we should just switch to cable. SUPER low WAF right now.

·
Mentor
36 Posts
Starrbuck said:
I believe he is referring to the Wife Acceptance Factor.
Yup..

the DirecTivo was the easiest machine to learn love and use. Perfection in a little box, my wife is having a very tough time with the new machine, and things like missed recordings and inability to pause.rw.ff in a live show don't reflect well.

I like the box, but need it to be flawless.

·
Legend
156 Posts
Well, our wives accepted us and we're not flawless, so there's always hope. :lol:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.