DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Legend
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any chance there is anyone at DTV who would listen to customers complaints about loud "local" insertions commercials, especially on sports channels?

When I am watching, for instance a Braves game and set the volume where I want it, the majority of the commercials are at the same level, but then they insert a commercial for an Atlanta area car dealer, or a Direct TV commercial, and I have to grab the remote and turn it down or be blown out of my chair.

This is something they could fix very easily if they wanted to, so is there anyone to complain to or would it be a waste of time?

· Icon
1,785 Posts
I think the FTC regulates the DNC and FCC regulates the CALM act which may not mean too much. I don't consider the DNC to be a complete failure because there have been tons of fines handed out breaking the rules. There are just too many ways around the DNC where as the CALM act doesnt have that many ways around it.

· Superfly
4,572 Posts
We'll see what happens. This problem has been around since the 1950s but in many ways it's worse now. With Dolby Digital and HD, there is a lot of dynamic range to exploit. When things get loud, they now can get really loud.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.