DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been getting lousy picture quality on Sunday Ticket channels for the last several weeks. The picture frequently gets digital artifacts (blocks) and occasionally hangs (freezes on a block-y screen for several seconds before resuming). It happens intermittantly (some channels, some of the time) but does happen every Sunday. It only seems to be an issue on the Sunday Ticket channels (e.g., games on my local channels don't have this problem, nor do any other channels have these problems).

I have reset the receiver (seemed to make it better for about ten minutes before it starts again). I have verified signal strength from the satellite (low 90s on pretty much every transponder on both LNB feeds). I have reconnected the coax into my receiver. All to no avail. I called DirecTv technical support which gave me some lousy choices for "support" ($20 for a non-direct replacement for my Tivo Receiver, or $70 for a support call that would come mid-week, not on a Sunday, and I suspect they would see no problem). After being a subscriber for 10 years--I have spent probably $1000 on my own receivers over the years, plus of course, $150-200/year for Sunday Ticket alone, I'm a little more than frustrated with my first moderately serious problem needing support.

I have a Samsung Series2 SIR-S4120R receiver connected to a very old (~10 year old) Sony Dual LNB dish.

Any ideas on what I can do to troubleshoot or correct this problem would be greatly appreciated.

·
Banned
4,642 Posts
I've not seen any problems with the HD or SD ST signals on my HR10s. Could be the dish LNB assembly going bad or the receiver. Do you have a spare receiver to swap out? Since a reset fixes it for a short while I'd guess it's the receiver.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.