DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
AllStar
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just an FYI for newbies like me wondering.

I had really low signal on 129 HD stuff. Picture breaking up (I guess everyone calls it pixelation???). So I called. Dish came out and the tech offered to replace my D* dish with another E* dish for the HD channels only. (I knew this was possible from spending hours here reading about it.) So, he put up another dish and I am now getting HD on 61.5.

Old HD 129 signal was about 53 out of 125. 61.5 is about 100 out of 125.

Good deal!

·
Hall Of Fame
1,086 Posts
Lnd Svyr said:
Just an FYI for newbies like me wondering.

I had really low signal on 129 HD stuff. Picture breaking up (I guess everyone calls it pixelation???). So I called. Dish came out and the tech offered to replace my D* dish with another E* dish for the HD channels only. (I knew this was possible from spending hours here reading about it.) So, he put up another dish and I am now getting HD on 61.5.

Old HD 129 signal was about 53 out of 125. 61.5 is about 100 out of 125.

Good deal!
:welcome_s But what are you talking about D* stands for Directv,& E* stands for Echostar (dish net). Are you trying to say D1000 dish and that they added a 2nd dish for 61.5.

·
AllStar
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
whatchel1 said:
:welcome_s But what are you talking about D* stands for Directv,& E* stands for Echostar (dish net). Are you trying to say D1000 dish and that they added a 2nd dish for 61.5.
Meaning, I still had my DirecTV dish in place in case the E* (original ) install or quality went haywire and I wanted to instantly switch back to D* (without having to reinstall and realign my D* dish).

So, in order to get a better signal on HD, I sacrificed my easy path back to D*.

Doesn't matter now anyway. My wife won't give up the SD channels and I DO like the 622 since it can do what D*s receiver cannot--record OTA HD. I am not happy with E*s SD PQ at all so I just don't watch those channels anymore and will wait for my favs to come out on DVD. At least I am not commited for two years! BAD D*. BAD D*.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,086 Posts
Lnd Svyr said:
Meaning, I still had my DirecTV dish in place in case the E* (original ) install or quality went haywire and I wanted to instantly switch back to D* (without having to reinstall and realign my D* dish).

So, in order to get a better signal on HD, I sacrificed my easy path back to D*.

Doesn't matter now anyway. My wife won't give up the SD channels and I DO like the 622 since it can do what D*s receiver cannot--record OTA HD. I am not happy with E*s SD PQ at all so I just don't watch those channels anymore and will wait for my favs to come out on DVD. At least I am not commited for two years! BAD D*. BAD D*.
Just want to know what is your display? What is the output setting on the HD receiver output? The 622's come set to 480 default and need to be reset to 720p or 1080i to match the display. Are you using component or HDMI? Also it has been said that the PQ in SD sometimes looks better on some sets if you use an additional hookup using the S-vid out of receiver to the set.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.