DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
AllStar
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm using an HR20 with a Sony VRD-MC3 DVD recorder. The connection is S-Video and RCA audio. Picture records fine, but the volume coming out of the HR20 audio ports is *very* low. I see no way to make any adjustments. Has anyone else run into this? Do I have a bad HR20? Should I turn off the HR20 Dolby Digital option when I record?

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
dpluta said:
I'm using an HR20 with a Sony VRD-MC3 DVD recorder. The connection is S-Video and RCA audio. Picture records fine, but the volume coming out of the HR20 audio ports is *very* low. I see no way to make any adjustments. Has anyone else run into this? Do I have a bad HR20? Should I turn off the HR20 Dolby Digital option when I record?

Any help is appreciated.
Is the volume low no matter whether the HR20 is set to Dolby on or off? Several networks have very, very low audio in DD...NBC local affiliate here is like that...it is more than 13 dB down from non-dolby. (these are engineering measurements made by TV staff...not even using the HR20)

There is no internal adjustment. Check some other channels and see if it is only HD channels with DD, or local network stuff.

·
Cool Member
17 Posts
hasan said:
Is the volume low no matter whether the HR20 is set to Dolby on or off? Several networks have very, very low audio in DD...NBC local affiliate here is like that...it is more than 13 dB down from non-dolby. (these are engineering measurements made by TV staff...not even using the HR20)

There is no internal adjustment. Check some other channels and see if it is only HD channels with DD, or local network stuff.
I have this same problem with the local networks here, in HD or SD, DD or not! Normal volume on my TV for all other channels is 22-30, on the locals I have to put it up to 45-50 to hear it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.