DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· RIP
6,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried several times to perform a search by channel with little luck.

For instance...

Enter HBO and then search by Channel = No Results
Enter MAX and then search by Channel = No Results
Enter Discovery = Results of several channels with Discovery in their name.
Enter 501 and then search by Channel = No Results

I was trying to use the search to give me a list of upcoming HBO shows.

· Yada Yada Yada
4,400 Posts
Ken S said:
I was trying to use the search to give me a list of upcoming HBO shows.
I don't believe it will work that way..........

There are only two choices. Which channels and time the shows it has found appear on, or a listing channels with the keyword in the name of the channel.

It appears that it will search only for the channels you subscribe to.

When I enter ESPN, I get the listing of channel numbers for ESPN. If I enter HBO, I get no results because I do not subscribe to HBO. If I enter SHOW, I get a listing of all of the Showtime channel numbers.

When I then click on one of the Showtime channel numbers I get a listing of all of the shows and times for that channel.

I hope I am being clear here. It may be that you don't subscribe to HBO..........

:)

· Registered
7,910 Posts
Ken,

I think this may be where "Channels I Get" actually works - I tried this as well and wasn't able to come up with HBO either, but I don't subscribe to it. I tried SHO, which I do subscribe to, and it worked.

If you're subscribed to those channels then obviously I'm wrong, but this is my hunch.

Athlon,

There is an option to pull up channels - it's another button.

· Yada Yada Yada
4,400 Posts
tcusta00 said:
Athlon,

tcusta00, you are correct. I got Ken's impression when I first tried it, but then when I did as I describe above it worked fine. (Actually better in one respect than my DVR :grin: )

I've edited my post..........;)

· RIP
6,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tcusta00 said:
Ken,

I think this may be where "Channels I Get" actually works - I tried this as well and wasn't able to come up with HBO either, but I don't subscribe to it. I tried SHO, which I do subscribe to, and it worked.

If you're subscribed to those channels then obviously I'm wrong, but this is my hunch.

Athlon,

That may very well be it...except EVERYONE should be getting HBO this weekend because it's on free preview. Kind of makes you wonder why they will limit searches on their website and not on their receivers.

· Registered
7,910 Posts
Ken S said:
That may very well be it...except EVERYONE should be getting HBO this weekend because it's on free preview. Kind of makes you wonder why they will limit searches on their website and not on their receivers.
I had thought of both but considered that they probably use your account information from the website (since you have to be logged into DirecTV.com to use the scheduler) which maybe easier to filter than the authorizations they send to the receivers. Who knows why they do what they do sometimes. I hope this is at least a step in the right direction for getting CIG fixed in the receivers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.