DBSTalk Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts
I was on the phone with OOTP person which they always inform me is a recorded line so if this goes to the Supreme Court they can always retrieve that recording right? 🤣
Those recordings usually expire. You must (and are legally allowed to) make your own.

Count me in on the programming commitment bandwagon.

Discussion starter · #42 ·
So waited over half of the day before I emailed OOTP person to see what was going on and when they were going to move everything to a new account. Soon after got a call that they had already done it. Huh? They said I would lose service for 24 - 48 hours while it completes the move. They gave me my new account number and told be to create a new account on directv.com. They had previously told me the new account would just be with directv.com and nothing to do with AT&T. Unfortunately they are wrong. You can't create a new account without it redirecting you to att.com to create the new account. Then it wouldn't let me create the new account because it said the info I was using, my phone number, was incorrect. Called the OOTP and the phone number they said migrated over from my account was a phone number I had never heard of my life. Not even close to a number I have ever had. So they changed that to my actual phone number and then it created the account.

Got logged into it and the email I used for it had actually been used previously for a trial of DIRECTV NOW back in 2019 that I had canceled before the trial was up. No satellite programming info is present in this account and it now says I have a DIRECTV STREAM account that is not activated and would I like to activate it. It also shows a prepaid wireless plan on it that was originally used on my wife's AT&T prepaid account but I had changed that email to her email address but it still shows up in this account.

In the meantime I had checked my old account that previously had my satellite programming on and the satellite programming was still on that account. And we still had not lost DirecTV service. 5 minutes later I lost satellite service with a 726 error on all channels so I figured OK they are actually just starting on it. 30 minutes later my satellite programming was working again. Everything is still there and looks good. Success right? Hold on...I logged back into my old account it shows the sat programming has been disconnected. So log back into the new account and guess what? No sat programming in there anywhere. So I do have programming now but have no idea what account it is under. Not under the old. Not under the new. Called OOTP and they said it may take up to 24 hours before I see it in the new account. Weird thing is MLB-TV abd HBO Max are still working under the old account credentials. Not sure for how long though.

I forgot to ask to make sure there was not a new 2 year commitment. I will ask tomorrow when I call OOTP.

Is channel 230 working for you now? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: compnurd
Discussion starter · #45 ·
It appears my info has transferred over to the new account created. Everything is working great. I talked to the person in the OOTP today and there is no new 24 month commitment. I still have free NFL ST Max. My $25 per month credit that was set to expire on 9/22/22 and the $44 per month credit set to expire next February were removed and replaced with 2 new credits, one for $25 per month and the other for $45 per month, both for 12 months starting today. So I'll be sticking with DTV Sat for another year at least.

It appears my info has transferred over to the new account created. Everything is working great. I talked to the person in the OOTP today and there is no new 24 month commitment. I still have free NFL ST Max. My $25 per month credit that was set to expire on 9/22/22 and the $44 per month credit set to expire next February were removed and replaced with 2 new credits, one for $25 per month and the other for $45 per month, both for 12 months starting today. So I'll be sticking with DTV Sat for another year at least.
That’s great news. Have you tried going on the newer DirecTV app like you did before, to see what your account shows? Hopefully it’s more accurate now.

Reactions: b4pjoe
41 - 48 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.