DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Godfather
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just today got my HR20 set up. When the installer activated it , it down loaded the latest update. The most glaring issue is that on the HD package channels ( 76-83 ) the audio continuously drops out with a loud crackling/popping sound. It's quite loud actually making these channels unwatchable. So far these are the only channels exhibiting this. My HD locals are all coming in fine-no audio issues there.

I've tried switching the connection from HDMI to component both through my stereo speakers and the tv speakers. Same result in each. The installer was late and had to go to other customers but before he left we tried several resets, went through the set up guide a few times. Same result each time. I'm not using the dolby digital sound, just standard audio cables to my stereo.

When we first turned the unit on, before the update down load kicked in, the installer and I both thought the audio was ok. Initially after the download there was no audio, did a reset and it kicked back in but then the popping started.

I suspect it has something to do with the update since no other HD channels exhibit this and everything else seems fine.

I'd appreciate any advice.
John

· Mentor
43 Posts
I just got my HR20 on Saturday and had this EXACT same problem. The tech recommended that I get a new receiver. I called and they overnighted me a new HR20, and that problem appears to not happen on the new receiver. Sounds like a bad unit to me.

· Godfather
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We did quite a few resets. I have the receiver connected to the tv by HDMI cable as well as component cables, both are active. With the component connection separate audio cables go to the tv and cables then go to a Harman/Karden receiver. However even through the tv speakers the issue occurs as well as through the receiver. I'll call the service line tomorrow and see about a new unit. If no one else is having this with the new update, I'll assume it's the unit itself.
John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.