DBSTalk Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
AllStar
1,410 Posts
La La Land:

Didn't dislike it, either. Though, again not getting all the hype. However, I can maybe appreciate some of the performance work that must've gone into its production.

Also not a fan of continually-moving shots. Don't care what it took to pull those off. Had I seen this in a theater (glad I didn't) I probably would've gotten ill from some of those.

While I don't necessarily consider either film a loss of my time, I can't say for sure that I'd ever go out of my way to see them again.

(I think as I get older time seems to move a little faster maybe making these long-a**ed films a little less "painful" to sit through. And of course the ability to take breaks doesn't hurt.)

·
Premium Member
36,632 Posts
La La Land:

Didn't dislike it, either. Though, again not getting all the hype. However, I can maybe appreciate some of the performance work that must've gone into its production.

Also not a fan of continually-moving shots. Don't care what it took to pull those off. Had I seen this in a theater (glad I didn't) I probably would've gotten ill from some of those.

While I don't necessarily consider either film a loss of my time, I can't say for sure that I'd ever go out of my way to see them again.

(I think as I get older time seems to move a little faster maybe making these long-a**ed films a little less "painful" to sit through. And of course the ability to take breaks doesn't hurt.)
That's how I judge movies, do I want to see it again? There are a lot of movies I watch over and over, they're obviously my favorites. I sure won't watch La La Land again, once was more than enough. Still have to wonder what all the hype was about.

Rich

·
Godfather
1,175 Posts
That's how I judge movies, do I want to see it again? There are a lot of movies I watch over and over, they're obviously my favorites. I sure won't watch La La Land again, once was more than enough. Still have to wonder what all the hype was about.

Rich
I don't put much faith in the Academy anymore its like the Nobel Peace Prize. If the Academy likes a movie theirs most likely some political reason. Hollywood has really turned into a dumpster fire.

·
Premium Member
36,632 Posts
I don't put much faith in the Academy anymore its like the Nobel Peace Prize. If the Academy likes a movie theirs most likely some political reason. Hollywood has really turned into a dumpster fire.
I lost faith in the awards after A Passage to India won Best Picture.

Rich

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.