DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
AllStar
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I set up my HR20 to record the Daily Show at 11PM EST M-F. It was set up correctly & all episodes were in the ToDo list. As I was setting things up in my prioritizer, I accidentally deleted the manual recording. I went to re-setup the manual recording for TDS, but after creating the manual recording, the show comes up as "Manual: Mon-Fri" in the prioritizer & shows no upcoming episodes.

I know there have been issues with the manual recording feature. Is this one of them?

·
Legend
159 Posts
LSUMBA said:
I set up my HR20 to record the Daily Show at 11PM EST M-F. It was set up correctly & all episodes were in the ToDo list. As I was setting things up in my prioritizer, I accidentally deleted the manual recording. I went to re-setup the manual recording for TDS, but after creating the manual recording, the show comes up as "Manual: Mon-Fri" in the prioritizer & shows no upcoming episodes.

I know there have been issues with the manual recording feature. Is this one of them?
I had the same issue/concern recording Hardball using manual. But eventually (a few hours after I put in the new manual recording) it seemed to have fixed itself and said Manual:Hardball in the "To do" list.

If yours hasn't fixed itself, maybe try deleting the entry and re-entering it. Then if that doesn't work, call customer support and they'll walk you through how to re-format your hard drive (just kidding about that last part)

·
AllStar
90 Posts
I'm having the same problem.

Just like on the old DirecTiVo, I have a manual recurring recording for The Daily Show at 11:00pm, and another for The Colbert Report at 11:30pm, both Mon-Fri.

In the To Do list, there is only one upcoming Daily Show and no Colbert Reports scheduled.

Aside from an HR20 bug that needs worked on, I think the bigger issue is: Why can't Comedy Central provide guide data for their most popular shows?

·
Cool Member
17 Posts
I have had about every problem you can imagine with the manual recurring setting. I have talked to D* many times and they say they are working on it and will be fixed. In the meantime, I've given up on manual programming and use the series link settings. Maybe the new release OxE3 will solve some of it.

I really miss a reliable manual recording option which I have used for years with no trouble on VRC's and DVD recorders. Good Luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.