DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Manual Recording Mode Defeatured?

840 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Herdfan 
#1 ·
The ability to set number of shows to keep in “Manual” mode appears to have vanished after the last release.

In previous software releases (and previous PVR’s) I set up some manual recordings with the number of episodes to keep set to 1. This is useful to record news programs at a certain time every day and avoid recording over and over again as some use exactly the same title several times per day for repeats.

Now all these recordings that were set with a “1” episode count are piling up on the disk with no limit to the number episodes and the menu to access the number of recordings in manual mode has disappeared.

Is there a hidden way to set this up as in previous releases or has someone unilaterally decided that manual recordings need limitless storage – the logic of which defeats me?

#2 ·
Wow, hadn't noticed this "feature". If I had to guess, they couldn't figure out how to match these in the software that purges when the retention limit is reached. Tivo's had problems with this too.

Cheers,
Tom

#5 ·
carrot said:
In previous software releases ..... I set up some manual recordings with the number of episodes to keep set to 1.
In previous releases it didn't matter as recurring manual recordings didn't work.:eek2:

I noted this "bug/feature" in one of the manual recording threads.

They need to fix this as I have mine set to keep "2" episodes and like to have them drop off as the new one records. So now each week I have to go in and delete the extra ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.