DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Cool Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I continue to have serious problems with manual, and manual recurring recordings. I had hoped the last release would solve it but nothing has changed.

An example is recording one hour of a three hour news show on M-F from 4 to 5 p.m. (I'm referrring to CNN on 202). The HR20 just will not do it without creating a mess on my To Do List once it is populated the next day. It wants to record all three hours of the main show and in addition any shows with that name that are broadcast later that day. I tried a similar manual recording for 6-7 a.m. everyday and the HR20 went crazy with the change in show names at the same time slot.

I am back to setting it to record one day at a time using the "R" each day for the next day. But I still have to record all three hours which is a real waste. Sometimes these things interfere with other recordings. And I only do this one braodcast even though I have others I'd like to do.

This seems like such a basic thing I can't believe D* has not fixed it. Maybe it will happen in the next release (I hope!).

I don't see many postings about the manual recording problems and sometimes I think I may be one of the lonely few that struggle with it. I'm only posting this to let D* and Earl know some of us still are concerned with this topic.

· DBSTalk Club Member
268 Posts
No, you're not alone. I can't get mine to record a 4-5am M-F slot that includes The Daily Show and Colbert Report. The manual recording is in the Prioritizer, but it won't record anything and it doesn't show up in the To Do List.

Just plain silly that manual recordings - the ones that should be the easiest and most straightforward, don't work.

· Cool Member
19 Posts
mrshermanoaks said:
No, you're not alone. I can't get mine to record a 4-5am M-F slot that includes The Daily Show and Colbert Report. The manual recording is in the Prioritizer, but it won't record anything and it doesn't show up in the To Do List.

Just plain silly that manual recordings - the ones that should be the easiest and most straightforward, don't work.
Interesting... I've never had a problem w/ manuals. Is your manual recording way down in the prioritizer? It may be that other scheduled recordings had higher priorities.

· DBSTalk Club Member
268 Posts
jd001982 said:
Interesting... I've never had a problem w/ manuals. Is your manual recording way down in the prioritizer? It may be that other scheduled recordings had higher priorities.
Not in the 5-6am time range...

I used to have two setup - one for each 1/2 hour, but had to delete them and re-set them when the daylight savings time bug caused them to record 4-5am instead. But then I ran into the 50 show limit in the Prioritizer, so I put them together.

[Update: After two crashes tonight, all of a sudden the Prioritizer says it found shows that match starting on Wednesday - how it can't find 5-6am before Wednesday I'll never know. We'll see if it actually wants to record anything...]

· AllStar
74 Posts
I'm having similar issues. It appears that it continues to populate my to do list with the right time slot and the wrong day. The pain of it is that I can't figure out how to delete some of themfrom the to do list. Sometimes I can sometimes I can't.

· Cool Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jd001982 said:
Priortizer is not a problem. I've had similar things happen before when the manual recording was one of two or three I was doing. I've tried raising the priority and it doesn't help. Thanks for your interest.

· Cool Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wtrax said:
I'm having similar issues. It appears that it continues to populate my to do list with the right time slot and the wrong day. The pain of it is that I can't figure out how to delete some of themfrom the to do list. Sometimes I can sometimes I can't.
I believe you can delete them by going to the Priortizer and finding the program there; then double dash it and it goes go away. At least it used to work that way. I think it's a very wierd process. Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.