DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
DBSTalk Club Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I added a recurring (M-F) manual recording today (newest software version) and it's not showing up in the To Do List. In the Prioritizer it says "None Scheduled".

I'll know in the morning if it actually records, but shouldn't it show up in the To Do List?

·
AllStar
74 Posts
I've had that problem myself where they didn't immediately show up in the to do list. After exiting the all the menus and returning they did show up but it was for the incorrect day. I think it took about three tries to get it to show up and in the right slot. I also had a manual recording show up days after any attempt I had made to schedule one (at least that's when I noticed it). It appeared to be connected to a previous attempt based on the time but the day was wrong. Still pretty buggy I'd say.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
How long did you wait after scheduling it?

The first instance (today's) should appear right away (I haven't tested it though). But you may need to wait till after the background scheduler comes through and populates for the rest of your time period.

·
AllStar
74 Posts
I guess I should clarify that I haven't gotten the most recent software update so to say its still a little buggy is misleading. I just know that it did take a little bit for the manual recording to show up right or wrong in the previous release but it did eventually make it there.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, well, I waited overnight and it didn't show up. And it didn't record either.

Single manual records seem to work. But I can't get a recurring manual record to work at all right now.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,017 Posts
Just to add another data point. I've set up a recurring manual recording for the midnight showing of South Park and it recorded last week and it DOES show up in the To Do list. I will see tonight if it recorded last nights.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Was this a newly set recording (since you got 0xEB)? Was it a "Mon-Fri" or "Every Day"?

My recording is exactly:
Recurring:Mon-Fri:Channel 249
Start: 5:00am
Length: 1:02

·
DBSTalk Club Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can someone else with 0xEB try to schedule the above recording for Daily Show/Colbert Report and see if it shows up in their To Do List?

·
Legend
159 Posts
I've been trying to get Hardball to record M-F at 4:00 PST on MSNBC as a manual recording (otherwise it will record two or three times per day)

It was recording as scheduled prior to receiving 0xEB. After getting EB it didn't record Wednesday or Thursday. Last night I looked in the priorizer and just like the OP experience with his show the manual recording was listed with "none scheduled"

Yesterday evening I deleted and re-added it to see if that would reset the recording. A few hours after entering the manual record it was showing in the To Do list as "none scheduled" but in the past I know it took some time for those entries to post correctly.

So, I'll find out when I get home from work whether it worked or not -- I'll report back later.

·
Legend
159 Posts
spolaski said:
I've been trying to get Hardball to record M-F at 4:00 PST on MSNBC as a manual recording (otherwise it will record two or three times per day)

It was recording as scheduled prior to receiving 0xEB. After getting EB it didn't record Wednesday or Thursday. Last night I looked in the priorizer and just like the OP experience with his show the manual recording was listed with "none scheduled"

Yesterday evening I deleted and re-added it to see if that would reset the recording. A few hours after entering the manual record it was showing in the To Do list as "none scheduled" but in the past I know it took some time for those entries to post correctly.

So, I'll find out when I get home from work whether it worked or not -- I'll report back later.
OK, so i'm checking back. My manual recording, M-F for 4:00 pm scheduled on Thursday this week shows up in the prioritizer as 1 scheduled, for 11/23.

I'm not quite sure what the HR20 thinks it's trying to do, but it seems like this should be the most straightforward part of its programming. I think this confirms a bug in 0xEB.

·
Cool Member
19 Posts
mrshermanoaks said:
I added a recurring (M-F) manual recording today (newest software version) and it's not showing up in the To Do List. In the Prioritizer it says "None Scheduled".

I'll know in the morning if it actually records, but shouldn't it show up in the To Do List?
Don't know why your recordings didn't kick off, but the prioritizer says "none scheduled" is a bug in the software (at least the last time I experimented).

If you schedule a recurring manual recording, then go to the prioritizer, you'll always get "none scheduled" if you bring up the prioritizer screen before the box has a chance to find a matching show. In fact, the number in "# scheduled" never changes, it just depends on when you bring up the prioritizer. So if you wait long enough, it should display the correct number of shows scheduled. :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.